Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 753
Message 91 of 103

Re: Microphone bug in Moto g6

@naman2898 wrote:

My phone is moto g6, running with latest update. I'm facing issues with earphone jack. Whenever I connect an earphone, most of the times the earphones microphone doesn't get enabled in place of device's microphone. When I call while earphones are attached, I can hear from the earphones, but my voice is received through device's microphone. Now why this is an issue and why I believe I'm not mistaken in my observation is that when the phone is in the pocket, the person whom I've called could not hear anything except the noise (because of my jeans rubbing against the microphone).  sometimes reconnecting the earphones help but only Some times. My phone is in the warranty period as of now. But the warranty is gonna expire in a day or two. As  this problem has arisen before the end of warranty. and I have already reported it to you, can you assure me that this issue would be considered under warranty whenever I go to service centre? Because it's not possible for me to visit service centre as of now for a few days.

Thanks for posting, sorry to learn about that. We would like to investigate this further. We have sent you Private Message—please check and revert us back.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
HemantSolanki
Blue Screen Again
Views: 660
Message 92 of 103

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

I think Moto G6 has microphone problem.

The person other side the call is not at all able to hear my voice. It works only when plugin the earphones.

Tried couple of options mentioned in the forum Reboot, Safemode and Reset but no luck.

Performed Motorola check from Moto help and all the tests passed including microphone.

No lamination and back cover that can block microphone. 

HemantSolanki
Blue Screen Again
Views: 660
Message 93 of 103

I think Moto G6 has microphone problem.

The person other side the call is not at all able to hear my voice. It works only when plugin the earphones.

Tried couple of options mentioned in the forum Reboot, Safemode and Reset but no luck.

Performed Motorola check from Moto help and all the tests passed including microphone.

No lamination and back cover that can block microphone. 

Former Employee
Views: 632
Message 94 of 103

Hi HemantSolanki,

Thank you for reporting, please be advised that --if you have already tested in Moto Help app > Hardware test > Microphone with no avail. Then, our best bet would be to have your device sent for Service/Repair as the next logical option.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
TheAmmoniacal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 571
Message 95 of 103

I also have a problem with my Moto G6 Plus, 20-30 seconds into phone calls the person suddenly can't hear me anymore. I have to hang up and call back, happens a lot. Really no fix for this? The microphone appears to work fine, but I don't know if there are two microphones - one for calls and one for other recordings? 

Former Employee
Views: 559
Message 96 of 103

@TheAmmoniacal wrote:

I also have a problem with my Moto G6 Plus, 20-30 seconds into phone calls the person suddenly can't hear me anymore. I have to hang up and call back, happens a lot. Really no fix for this? The microphone appears to work fine, but I don't know if there are two microphones - one for calls and one for other recordings? 

Hi. 

It could also be a carrier network issue-- check to make sure there are no signal drops on your device? How frequently do you notice this?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

DigitalRules
Punch Card
Views: 521
Message 97 of 103

Hi, my microphone went completely out today for phone calls. It had sometimes not worked in the past, but came back if redialed, but now dead except you can hear it if you blow into it real hard. Tried all the fixes to no avail. My fingerprint sensor also went out before my warranty expired a month ago.(The fingerprint settings have dissappared from the settings menu)

Can you give a rough idea how much it will cost to fix one or both both issues? I've learned to live w/o the fingerprint sensor, but need the mic to work. I need to decide if it is worth sending the phone back for repair or to just trash it.

Thanks!!

ohiokiwi
Paper Tape
Views: 390
Message 98 of 103

Hi All,

I was having the same microphone issues after the Android Pie 9.0 update. When calls were made or received the person on the other end had difficulty hearing me. In addition, Google Assistant no longer responded to voice commands. All other voice apps seemed to operate okay and the Motorola Help App passed the microphone. When I restarted the phone in "safe mode", the microphone worked perfectly.

Next I looked for Apps that were possibly causing the issue. I my case, the update caused "FM Radio" app to hi-jack the microphone. I do not use the app and it cannot be uninstalled but I was able to disable it. Why would FM radio need microphone permissions?
Anyway, this action CURED my microphone issues.

I hope this posting helps others with the same issue.

If you use earphones or a headset, and the above doesn't help, you could have a faulty headphone jack in your phone. All of these jacks have a switch that disables the internal microphone and speakers when the jack is in use and re-enable them when accessory is unplugged. If the switch becomes faulty through mechanical failure or the ingress of dirt from the repeated insertion and removal of accessories, your phone will require service.

TheAmmoniacal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 389
Message 99 of 103

Disabling the option "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" fixed the issue for me, my voice no longer drops during calls. The description for this option is:

"Use LTE services to improve voice and other communications (recommended)" and is enabled by default.

Kieran444
What's DOS?
Views: 351
Message 100 of 103

On my g6 play the microphone only works if i use the camera app, but with other apps its doesn't work

Top Kudoed Authors