Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,816
Message 51 of 101

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

@PierreSweden wrote:

My microphone stopped work ung after The update with september security update Igot a few days ago, from sporadicly eorking it now only works on speakers phone and with headphones (mine are wired). Is there a fix for this or is just to return it? Pierre Sweden 

Hello PierreSweden,

Thank you for writing to us, sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. Are you still facing 'Microphone' issue in your device? If yes, could you have your device tested in 'Moto Help' app > hardware test and let us know if that works?

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,812
Message 52 of 101

Re: Microphone not working after July 1st 2018 Security Patch Update

My mic stopped work ung after september update I got the other day, it works with headset and on speakerphone. What should I do? 

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,825
Message 53 of 101

My Mic does workshop in any way bit in phonecalls,it starts egen i got the september update in Sweden a couple Days Ago. Torsdag clarify it is just egen someone Calle me of I Calle someone i havet torsdag havet headset ord om speakerphone, Google talk works and so does it when I make a film. I havet tried to reset it to factory settings without sucsses. Is it a bug in the update? Because it starts after the update. Best reegards Pierre Gothenburg Sweden.

Makda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,769
Message 54 of 101

microphone does not work during regular phone calls or whatsapp phone calls or when sending audio via whatsapp or telegram ( get static like sound transmitted)

microphone works when I say 'ok google' and google will do a search on the query I pose via voice.

microphone works when using the keeyboard voice to text microphone icon in messages, whatsapp, google ( presumably any app that uses the keyboard voice dictation icon)

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,762
Message 55 of 101

Sorry ibwas in a hurry and the autocorrect dosent work gods whit this app. It passera all Moto tests tests, factory reset it twice, and it works without goggles and  i in textmessages,Now i got the september update before the weekend and since Then you cant make a phonecalls without a headset. I spokebon the phone when I got the update and after update and the restart itbhad stoppad working in calls and Ihave tried some,but someone sade hes girfriend got a update that fixed it,and of so how Long should it takevto roll it out of if  exsists. Ihave udated My info on your site with imei and the other info needed.

Thanksgiving for replying. Pierre Gothenburg Sweden

Makda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,757
Message 56 of 101

Good Question Pierre- no idea. Would love to see a fix my self as well as I have same problem !

further debugging info....

tried :

Safe mode - still same issue

Factory reset - still issue present

Headset allows speech to go through to other party.

running Android version is 8.0.0 and seems phone software update is from 1st September 2018

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,654
Message 57 of 101

I got my microphone to work in calls again , I turned off the dolby app and reebooted and voila it works again. But somethings wrong with the app, so Many have sound issues relating to the app, just search this forum and its not a isolated issue, it seems to be the cause of a bunch of different soundrelated problems! 

dww100
What's DOS?
Views: 1,591
Message 58 of 101

I'm having the same issue - is there any way I can help diagnose the issue?

Techstudy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,415
Message 59 of 101

I had this problem after placing tempered glass protection screen & realized it didnt have a cut out over the mic hole. 

I removed it and worked perfect again. However, Moto g6 does have mic issues... While on calls if my cheek accidently changes screen such as open an app , it will mute me & I won't realize until person I'm conversing with is like, "hellooooo r u there???". 

And when switching to earphone to speaker, the voice of caller fades in... So they would to repeat what they said. This phone kind of irks. Buyer beware.

ebenezerbr
What's DOS?
Views: 1,326
Message 60 of 101

I am facing this same issue with my phone. The microphone  is very low or does not work in a call.

I tried all the other options to fix it!

I am very unhappy with this. 

The price of the mobile is not worthy with issues like this happening.

Top Kudoed Authors