Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,002
Message 61 of 101

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

I too am having this issue suddenly. I've only had this phone for a couple of months. Is there any fix please? I live rural and there are no shops around. Help please.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 998
Message 62 of 101

Might be of help to someone, There is an app called Google Duo. On my Moto G6 it was turned on and it seemed to take over the phone calling etc. Anyways, I turned it off and I have just now, had a sucessful voice call where the caller could actually hear me, so hopefully this has fixed the problem once and for all. Time will tell.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 973
Message 63 of 101

@Anonymous_User wrote:

I too am having this issue suddenly. I've only had this phone for a couple of months. Is there any fix please? I live rural and there are no shops around. Help please.

Hi Catblack,

Thank you for reporting to us, sorry about the ongoing issue you have been facing. Appreciate your efforts, this is unusual and glad to see the progress. 

Just to narrow down, we would like to know—did you notice the 'Microphone' issue with only default 'Phone app' on your device? Have you tested with third-party apps—if yes, how does that go? Just to keep you posted, you can also test this under Moto Help > Hardware test > Microphone and observe. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 901
Message 64 of 101

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Hi Catblack,

Thank you for reporting to us, sorry about the ongoing issue you have been facing. Appreciate your efforts, this is unusual and glad to see the progress. Thanks Swaraj, I'll try answer your questions below. My answers in bold.

Just to narrow down, we would like to know—did you notice the 'Microphone' issue with only default 'Phone app' on your device? I was trying to recieve a video call on Facebook Messenger when I first noticed the problem, then when making a phone call.

After posting my dramatic message, I thought that I would do some tests. Everything worked on the phone, except the ability for people to hear me, so I figured it was a software issue. I searched in the apps to see what was turned on etc. I saw in the list, Google Duo. It didn't tell me what that was, so I Googled it and it said that it was a 'phone app' for making calls / video and so on. I turned it off and tested the phone by ringing my mum lol ... it worked, she could hear me and I could hear her. Not sure how it got turned on, but I dropped the phone one day down the couch, buttons got pushed by accident ... I think this turned the app on.

Have you tested with third-party apps—if yes, how does that go? I have used Facebook messenger, video and phone call options and the phone works fine now. 

Regards,

Cathy

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 887
Message 65 of 101

@Anonymous_User wrote:

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@Anonymous_User wrote:

Hi Catblack,

Thank you for reporting to us, sorry about the ongoing issue you have been facing. Appreciate your efforts, this is unusual and glad to see the progress. Thanks Swaraj, I'll try answer your questions below. My answers in bold.

Just to narrow down, we would like to know—did you notice the 'Microphone' issue with only default 'Phone app' on your device? I was trying to recieve a video call on Facebook Messenger when I first noticed the problem, then when making a phone call.

After posting my dramatic message, I thought that I would do some tests. Everything worked on the phone, except the ability for people to hear me, so I figured it was a software issue. I searched in the apps to see what was turned on etc. I saw in the list, Google Duo. It didn't tell me what that was, so I Googled it and it said that it was a 'phone app' for making calls / video and so on. I turned it off and tested the phone by ringing my mum lol ... it worked, she could hear me and I could hear her. Not sure how it got turned on, but I dropped the phone one day down the couch, buttons got pushed by accident ... I think this turned the app on.

Have you tested with third-party apps—if yes, how does that go? I have used Facebook messenger, video and phone call options and the phone works fine now. 

Regards,

Cathy

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Hi Catblack,

Great, thanks for the additional information! Appreciate your efforts. Glad to see the issue resolved.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Garyij
What's DOS?
Views: 806
Message 66 of 101

The mic on my g6 play has just stopped working after less than 6 weeks

butlerjered72
What's DOS?
Views: 478
Message 67 of 101

butlerjered72
What's DOS?
Views: 474
Message 68 of 101

not sure if any of you not sure if any of you have tried this but it happened to my Moto G 3 years ago and happen to a friend's Moto G6 play just recently. I suggested checking the microphone hole for a piece of lint in both cases removing the solve the problem.

bom001
Paper Tape
Views: 489
Message 69 of 101

Re: Moto G6 Plus microphone no work for calls but video okay...

Same here! some solution? Smiley Sad

Jake1989
What's DOS?
Views: 432
Message 70 of 101

Microphone not working.

Hi All,

Having issues with my Moto G6 microphone. 

For phone voice calls the receiver can only hear me if I put the call on loudspeaker. 

If the call isn't on loud speaker they can not hear me. 

Is there a known fault with the G6 microphones? 

Thanks 

Top Kudoed Authors