Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 460
Message 71 of 101

Re: Microphone not working.

Hi bom001 & Jake1989,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, can we quickly test this in Moto Help app to see if this is Hardware related? To test your device > Locate Moto Help app > Hardware test > Mic and observe. Let us know the results?

Also, do let us know from when are you facing this—make sure there is no lint on the microphone.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Jake1989
What's DOS?
Views: 453
Message 72 of 101

I have checked for lint and its clear. 

I have used the Moto Help App and checked the Microphone setting and it does work but sounds very bad. 

But I also tried making a call and the reciever still cannot hear me? 

aiguofer
Punch Card
Views: 448
Message 73 of 101

I'm having this issue as well on my G6 Plus (which I bought in Peru while traveling, making it a pain to warranty). I've tried disabling Duo and Dolby as mentioned in this thread, I've also tried safe mode, resetting phone, etc. There is no lint in mic.

I really hope there is a fix for this because having to carry a bluetooth headset everywhere I go is a PITA. I can't believe that Motorola doesn't just sell replacement mics, I went to a couple cellphone repair stores and they couldn't find the part.

After having a couple Moto X and couple Moto G, I think this is the last Motorola phone I'll have... quality has been degrading for a while, and so has their customer support. Good job Lenovo.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 437
Message 74 of 101

Our best bet at this point would be to have your device sent for Service/Repair so the team can further diagnose the device and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
aiguofer
Punch Card
Views: 421
Message 75 of 101

Thanks for your reply. How do I go about doing this? as I mentioned, I bought my phone while traveling in Peru and I live in the US. When I call US support, they tell me they can't repair it and that they can't cover the warranty. In Peru they tell me they can indeed cover it, but the phone needs to be in Peru... which means I would have to either go there or find someone to ship it to and send it in for warranty for me, neither of which is a feasable option.

I tried taking it to a couple cell phone repair centers near me, and they tell me they can't find the mic as a replacement part. This seems ridiculous to me that I have to trash a phone because a simple part has gone bad.

Delfine
Paper Tape
Views: 378
Message 76 of 101

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

I have the same problem. In phone calls the other person can't hear me but I can hear them. But when I saw this forum I tried to turn on the loudspeaker and they can hear me only if I have the loudspeaker on. The hardware test says the microphone works fine and I can use it on third-party apps and talk to text like I'm using now. This phone is only about 7 months old.

Delfine
Paper Tape
Views: 371
Message 77 of 101

@Jake1989, did you ever find a solution?  I have the same problem as you, it only works on speaker. Otherwise, other person can't hear me. 

Delfine
Paper Tape
Views: 364
Message 78 of 101

This is B S.  I am not the only one with this problem.  My phone is only 7 months old.  The other person can't hear me unless I out the phone on speaker.  I did the Moto hardware test and everything passed.  I tried every suggestion and nothing helps. Motorola should have fixed this issue, as it's been going on for years, but in every forum the ultimate solution is to replace or have it serviced.  It's not even a year old, and I've actually only used it for about 3 months since I've been out of the country for a few months.

DV_BE
Paper Tape
Views: 342
Message 79 of 101

I have recently the same problem.

My microphone is not working during phone calls. It works well during video recording. I have also tested video recording while covering the second (back) microphone with my finger. Google Assistent, etc is also working fine. Moto Help reports that the microphone is working and with good quality.

If I put the call on speaker, the microphone is working. Also, if I rotate the phone (by 90 degrees), the microphone is also working.

If I blow in the microphone, the person on the other side of the line hears some noise (maybe it is coincidence), but my voice does not work.

My phone is only 9 months old and it is upgraded to the latest software.

DV_BE
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 80 of 101

A quick update, as I did some more tests, using the Moto Help application (Hardware Test). I covered the microphone(s) with my fingers while talking.

• Without covering microphones: working, good quality
  • Covering the back microphone: working, good quality
  • Covering the front microphone: not working

So, it looks like there is no issue with the hardware, but the microphone is still not working properly while calling.

Top Kudoed Authors