Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 407
Message 81 of 100

Re: Moto G6 microphone problem

Hi.

Thank you for reporting, this is strange as mic works perfectly in Hardware test also in loud speaker. Make sure there are no lints. Let me escalate this again to our team. In the meantime, if this is rellay affecting your daily use—please have your device sent for Service/Replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

DV_BE
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 82 of 100

Hi,

Thank for your answer. There is no dirt part in the microphone. I have also done some cleaning but it did not help.

In het meantime, I have done the following steps:

- Reboot in safe boot (no solution)

- Reset the mobile to the factory settings.

After the reset, it still does not work. I did not connect my phone to the internet after the reset, such that there is no interference from installed updates or third party apps.

It is affecting my daily use, since the microphone nevers work during a call. I have to use an external microphone (or put my call on speaker) if I want to make a call.

In the meantime, I have requested a repairment/replacement at my local shop. So I assume my device will be returned to your service center.

Lisa0
What's DOS?
Views: 368
Message 83 of 100

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 335
Message 84 of 100

@DV_BE wrote:

Hi,

Thank for your answer. There is no dirt part in the microphone. I have also done some cleaning but it did not help.

In het meantime, I have done the following steps:

- Reboot in safe boot (no solution)

- Reset the mobile to the factory settings.

After the reset, it still does not work. I did not connect my phone to the internet after the reset, such that there is no interference from installed updates or third party apps.

It is affecting my daily use, since the microphone nevers work during a call. I have to use an external microphone (or put my call on speaker) if I want to make a call.

In the meantime, I have requested a repairment/replacement at my local shop. So I assume my device will be returned to your service center.

Great, thanks! Sorry, you are still having the issue with the microphone. It could be a hardware glitch, hope the service center team helps you resolve quickly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Nikhilsinghk
What's DOS?
Views: 310
Message 85 of 100

Nobody from Lenovo will ever help you for your device related issues

Dear Nikhil,

Thank for contacting Motorola. 

As we have informed earlier as per confirmation received from the service centre I would like to inform you that there is physical damage in your device so it will not be covered under warranty as we will be able to support you on chargeable basis only. 

However as you have confirmed that you are not willing to repair the device on chargeable basis, based on your confirmation we are going ahead and closing this case from our end.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Regards,
E Bharath Kumar. 
Lenovo-Motorola Customer Support

First these people sell defective devices and then ask the consumer to get their problem fixed by paying additional amount despite the fact that they only sold a broken device.

Nikhilsinghk
What's DOS?
Views: 311
Message 86 of 100

Even no help will be provided over the email. The service team always wants the money from consumer

DV_BE
Paper Tape
Views: 293
Message 87 of 100

For those who are following this case: I have sent my phone back to Motorola. After 1 week, I got it back and my microphone is working again. They said that they have replaced the part. It was replaced under warranty. My phone is 9 months old and I have 2 years warranty.

tmolnar925
What's DOS?
Views: 256
Message 88 of 100

I have same issue, if I make a call no one can hear me unless I switch to speakerphone, I am disappointed in this phone as well...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 243
Message 89 of 100

@tmolnar925 wrote:

I have same issue, if I make a call no one can hear me unless I switch to speakerphone, I am disappointed in this phone as well...

Sorry to learn about that, if you have already tried above steps with no avail. Our best bet would be to have your device for service—so the team can further diagnose your device and assist you accordingly.

However, in the meantime—please test your device in Hardware test under Moto Help app and let us know how it goes? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

naman2898
Fanfold Paper
Views: 292
Message 90 of 100

Microphone bug in Moto g6

My phone is moto g6, running with latest update. I'm facing issues with earphone jack. Whenever I connect an earphone, most of the times the earphones microphone doesn't get enabled in place of device's microphone. When I call while earphones are attached, I can hear from the earphones, but my voice is received through device's microphone. Now why this is an issue and why I believe I'm not mistaken in my observation is that when the phone is in the pocket, the person whom I've called could not hear anything except the noise (because of my jeans rubbing against the microphone).  sometimes reconnecting the earphones help but only Some times. My phone is in the warranty period as of now. But the warranty is gonna expire in a day or two. As  this problem has arisen before the end of warranty. and I have already reported it to you, can you assure me that this issue would be considered under warranty whenever I go to service centre? Because it's not possible for me to visit service centre as of now for a few days.

Top Kudoed Authors