Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jarmar
Paper Tape
Views: 269
Message 1 of 8

Moto G6 not charging

I have a Moto G6 that I have had for about 6 months and all of a sudden it will not charge.  The battery level indicates 10%.  I have tried 3 different chargers and 2 different cables with no change.  The charge indicator indicates that TurboCharge is working but even after leaving it charged over night it was still at 10%.  I have also tried the hard reboot 5 times and that did nothing.  What else can I do to correct the issue?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 214
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G6 not charging

Hi, jarmar!

Thank you for reaching out to us, we are here to help. May we know how did you perform the hard reboot? Have you also tried charging the device while it is powered off? 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

jarmar
Paper Tape
Views: 209
Message 3 of 8

The hard reboot as I say it on the web was to hold the volume down and power button together until it shutdown and started a reboot.

I have tried charging both while turned on and also while turned off.  Neither will charge the phone.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 182
Message 4 of 8

Hello jarmar,

Thanks for that. Can you please check if there is any debris that might have blocked the charging port? Does it look loose or missing any pins? Let us try to charge your device in Safe Mode.

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know if this helps. 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

jarmar
Paper Tape
Views: 177
Message 5 of 8

I have tried charging in safe mode but that did not work.  Visual inspection of the usb port I find no damage, dirt or bent pins.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 165
Message 6 of 8

Hi jarmar,

Thank you for trying that. To confirm, you are still using the original charger that came with the device, correct? If charging your device in Safe Mode did not help, our next step would be a factory data reset. You may follow this link for the steps.  Make sure to backup all of your files first as performing this will delete all of your data. Kindly remove your Google account as well to avoid activating the Google Protection Lock feature. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

jarmar
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 7 of 8

I am using the orginal charger and cable that came with the phone.  I have done the factory reset and did not enter any account info when reset.  However it will still not charge.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 140
Message 8 of 8

It's good to know that you are still using the original charger for your phone, jarmar. Since all troubleshooting steps on your device have already been done, our next option now is to have your device replaced. You can definitely process a warranty claim for your device on this link

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors