Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William190
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,966
Message 1 of 37

Moto G6 only charges in fast boot mode

So about 68 days ago I have started to have an issue with charging my phone properly, I went to plug it in as it was dying and it didntd work. I simply turned off the phone and it worked for about a week. Then after that the phone started to indicate it received charge for about a second and it would loop endlessly. It's not a hardware issue as it charges perfectly fine in fast boot mode. I have tried everything (Clearing cache, factory reset, safe mode) but nothing works unless it's in fast boot mode. It even says battery OK in fast boot so to my knowledge it's the operating system or a software issue. Please help me and thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,915
Message 2 of 37

Re: Moto G6 only charges in fast boot mode

Hi William190,

Thanks for reporting, this is strange—not that I have heard. Let me try to help. If you have already tried charging in Safe Mode, tested with different Charger/Cable, performed Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps with no avail then having your device sent for Service/Repair would be the next logical option.

In the meantime, we can try to investigate this further. If you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a Bug Report regarding this. Bug Report will collect information about your current device state.

Here is how to capture a Bug Report;

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take Bug Report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the Bug Report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the Bug Report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behaviour

Note: Please capture two Bug reports—1st in Safe Mode and connect the Charger, 2nd while Charging in Fast Boot Mode.

Do let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Philthy808
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,801
Message 3 of 37

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem and its driving me nuts. It's like the phone believes it's charged and I have to trick it into charging

Shafeek0002
What's DOS?
Views: 2,723
Message 4 of 37

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem... Only charge Moto G6 in fastboot menu mode.. cannot charge normally.. started as intermittent problem.. then now.. completely not possible to charge normally...

Did any one find any solution for this issue?

@Philthy808 wrote:

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem and its driving me nuts. It's like the phone believes it's charged and I have to trick it into charging

Philthy808
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,710
Message 5 of 37

I'm not sure there is a way fix it, it's a defect. Hopefully you didn't damage the glass backing of your phone because it voids your warranty. Call or email Motorola, maybe they will take care of you. They pissed me off they wanted $80 (with a 50% discount) to fix mine. That's with sending it in and being without the phone for a while. If you have no damage though, they will honor your warranty, and its only $24.99 with a holding fee and they'll send you a phone, and you just send your old one back. Oh I'm still clearly annoyed that damage voids warranty, even though it's clearly a defective phone, but whatever, good luck to you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,699
Message 6 of 37

Hi there,

May I know if you have already tried the above steps? If yes, please help us with a Bug Report? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Philthy808
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,688
Message 7 of 37

Where did find developer options under settings? I just don't understand how to 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,666
Message 8 of 37

Hi Philthy808,

Appreciate your cooperation with this, but before proceeding with the bug report we recommend calibrating your battery.

To calibrate the battery, hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. Let us know what happens after.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Philthy808
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,646
Message 9 of 37

That doesn't work. It shows the lighting bolt icon, then it shows the battery level, then restarts. It will do this endlessly without charging at all. I can only charge in fastboot and only to up percent.  Am I doing it wrong?

Shafeek0002
What's DOS?
Views: 2,629
Message 10 of 37

Same with me... I have given it for service..the phone is only six months old.. yhebserthe  center said it may take up to 14 days.... So let's see what happens...

I have searched online a lot to find a solution for it.. Many people have same issue... But no one seemed to have found a solution for it..

Top Kudoed Authors