Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iiholmesii
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 1 of 4

Moto G6 play screen keeps freezing

Over the last couple of weeks, my phone's screen keeps becoming unresponsive. While using it the screen just randomly becomes unresponsive, I can then lock it and unlock it and the screen workings again for a short while. This happens every 1-10 minutes of use. 

I am unsure whether this is being caused by an app, software issue or hardware issue. I have tried a soft reset but this hasn't helped.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 221
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G6 play screen keeps freezing

Hi Iiholmesii,

Thanks for posting. Try booting your phone to safe mode and monitor your phone for at least an hour. It the issue does not happen the duration that means it is caused by a 3rd party application you installed since safe disables 3rd party apps. 

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Iiholmesii
Paper Tape
Views: 212
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response. I have tried this but sadly it didn't work, I still had the same issue.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 207
Message 4 of 4

Hi Iiholmesii,

Does the phone still respond to the volume up and volume down buttons during the freeze? When did it start happening? Try resetting your app preferences. This will reset the previous setup you made in the apps, to do it just apply these steps on your phone.

Go to Settings > Apps > Apps and Notifications > App Info > Select options (3 dots icon located in the top right of the screen) > Select Reset Apps Preferences. After that, please restart the device. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors