Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xime_Viva
Blue Screen Again
Views: 584
Message 1 of 6

Moto G6 play weird font color in some apps

Hello, I would like to know if some of you knows why my G6 play use a weird color font (an striking fluo pink-purple-ish color that is really disgusting) in some apps, one of them is a mail manager (mail header gets this color when the mail is already read) and the other one is a contact manager for all the list of contacts in my device. I assume its a cell phone problem because  I have the same apps installed in other devices and with the same settings and they dont display this font color. I tried to attach an screenshot of this problem, but I couldn't.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 551
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G6 play weird font color in some apps

@Xime_Viva wrote:

Hello, I would like to know if some of you knows why my G6 play use a weird color font (an striking fluo pink-purple-ish color that is really disgusting) in some apps, one of them is a mail manager (mail header gets this color when the mail is already read) and the other one is a contact manager for all the list of contacts in my device. I assume its a cell phone problem because  I have the same apps installed in other devices and with the same settings and they dont display this font color. I tried to attach an screenshot of this problem, but I couldn't.

Hi Xime_Viva,

Sorry to hear about this, can you try to change the display color mode you can find the options under settings. Also can you please share us few snaps shots of the same so that we can look in.

Thanks

Sandip
Moto Support

Xime_Viva
Blue Screen Again
Views: 530
Message 3 of 6

Re: Moto G6 play weird font color in some apps

Hi Sandip, I am attaching now an screenshot of the display using the mail app. My color display settings are neutral, and I have changed from standard to vibrant color and nothing happens with this color font.

I also would like to comment that aside from being very happy with this device, I was a little disappointed when I realize that I could not change the font style of the system, it was a feature present in every previous phones I had. I hope that in a future update you could add this feature, thanks.

motouserplus
Paper Tape
Views: 497
Message 4 of 6

Weird purple font color in some apps

Hi moto tech support,

What is your next plan of action to get this perple font issue? Its very unprofessional to have such look in premium phone i and many educated people prefer only black and white color combinations then from where this purple bug came from? It has nothing to do with color mode. I have tried everything! 

Get this fix asap! Its very unprofessional and ugly look!

Xime_Viva
Blue Screen Again
Views: 485
Message 5 of 6

Re: Weird purple font color in some apps

Hi motouserplus,

I have been looking on the Internet and I am realizing now that this might be an Android Oreo problem... the other devices I am using have Android 7 and they present no font color issues with the same apps.

Moreover, in forums for some apps like Quicpick and DWcontacts for instance, a lot of users are complaining for this issue after they updated their devices to Oreo.

So I would like to confirm this, but all the evidence I have so far is suggesting that this is the situation.

If this is also your case, maybe we should try to contact the app developer and ask them for a fix.

If I have any news about it, I will update this post.

Regards,

Xime_Viva

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 451
Message 6 of 6

Re: Weird purple font color in some apps

@Xime_Viva wrote:

Hi motouserplus,

I have been looking on the Internet and I am realizing now that this might be an Android Oreo problem... the other devices I am using have Android 7 and they present no font color issues with the same apps.

Moreover, in forums for some apps like Quicpick and DWcontacts for instance, a lot of users are complaining for this issue after they updated their devices to Oreo.

So I would like to confirm this, but all the evidence I have so far is suggesting that this is the situation.

If this is also your case, maybe we should try to contact the app developer and ask them for a fix.

If I have any news about it, I will update this post.

Regards,

Xime_Viva

I believe you're correct that this needs to go back to app developers as I know the issue is seen on many Android devices on Oreo not just Moto.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Top Kudoed Authors