Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 853
Message 51 of 99

Re: Moto G6 restarting frequently

@Jwools wrote:

I have now been updated to a more recent security update, but the problem is still happening. In fact it's worse than it was before. I also tried a factory reset, and it was even restarting with just the apps installed direct out of the factory.

Any thoughts on what to do or do I just need to return the phone?

Thank you for replying, please be advised that the update you have received was just security patches and didn't have the fix yet for rebooting. Also, if you are using SD card in your device, could you try removing the same and observe if it stops rebooting? Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Jwools
Fanfold Paper
Views: 823
Message 52 of 99

I am not using an SD card in the phone

Sumon3
Paper Tape
Views: 722
Message 53 of 99

My moto g6 restasrting badly, no recovery mode always restart

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 693
Message 54 of 99

Re: My moto g6 restasrting badly, no recovery mode always restart

Hi Sumon3,

Are you facing the auto restart issue on your device? If yes, could please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

• You can also try to test your device in safe mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Curiousob
Blue Screen Again
Views: 641
Message 55 of 99

I am currently having the same restarting issue with my new Moto G6. I have had the phone for 3 days now and it has currently either restarted itself or crashed at a minimum, 60 times. Probably more even. It began from the first time it was switched on.

It has happened with a huge variety of apps when using then, all stock apps. It has happened even when there are no apps opened at all when I simply try to navigate the home pages. A number of times after locking the screen, when I attempt to unlock it later I will be greeted with the pin code to " start android". Then any messages or missed calls will suddenly come through so I know it has been off.

I have written a number of crash logs and it has even crashed when writing these. I factory reset the phone today and it crashed within minutes of starting it again before the set up was even finished. I have also wiped the cache a number of times too to no avail. The phone has been updated with the newest security patch and updated android available to me, 8.0.0,and it hasn't helped. 

I am really at a loss what else I can do as the phone is really not capable at the minute of operating as a phone. It certainly is not reliable enough for me to use for work. I bought the SIM free unit from Amazon for this purpose and had been happy black with my G4 plus until it stopped charging last week. I really like the G6 when it works, but I am unsure what I can do other than get a replacement. Is there any advice for me to tryt tot fixf this before i do this? And with regards the apps, if these are the problem, it is happening with stock apps before I had a chance to load other apps on.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 603
Message 56 of 99

Hi Curiousob,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing and thank you for updating your profile with IMEI, we would like to take a look to see if any third party apps are causing the trouble? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. 

Also, would like to confirm— when you say you have performed Factory Data Reset on your device—was it without restoring any apps? If not, could you try again and let us know how it goes?

Can we also test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if that makes any difference? 

We might need additional logs for us to further investigate.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Curiousob
Blue Screen Again
Views: 561
Message 57 of 99

Thank you for the reply,

I'm answer to your questions, Motorola privacy has been enabled and yes, happy for Motorola to look into the issue. However I will probably return the phone to Amazon at this stage.

When I factory restored the phone, it was without restoring any additional apps and it still crashed multiple times, including during the initial setup.  I have since added WhatsApp as it is my main form of communication, but the problems existed before any apps had been added. I actually never got to add anything else.

I have tried in safe mode, and it crashed again. The crashes appear to occur at completely random times including when the phone is not even being used with the screen off.

Unfortunately the phone is completely unreliable as a phone and it has let me down a number of times when I really needed a reliable phone. I cannot think of any other option but to send back and as this appears to be a regular problem, I am not sure whether to seek a replacement moto G6 or go with a different phone altogether. The G6 is everything I want when it's working and my third moto g phone so I'm disappointed. 

I can send the logs or links to the logs I've taken by private message if you would like.

ScotV
What's DOS?
Views: 511
Message 58 of 99

As of today, I'm experiencing this problem with my MotoG6 that I've had for 2 weeks.  Had I known about this, I would've bought something else.  It crashes during phone calls, apps, etc.  Now the power button which I press for quite a while won't even start the phone.  It was at 71% last time it was on.  Hopefully Project Fi will accept the return.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 483
Message 59 of 99

Hi Curiousob,

Thank you for providing additional information, you can certainly share us the logs for further investigation. But if you are still facing issue even after performing Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps then the next step would be to have your device exchanged if it is exchanged window. 

Thanks,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 481
Message 60 of 99

@ScotV wrote:

As of today, I'm experiencing this problem with my MotoG6 that I've had for 2 weeks.  Had I known about this, I would've bought something else.  It crashes during phone calls, apps, etc.  Now the power button which I press for quite a while won't even start the phone.  It was at 71% last time it was on.  Hopefully Project Fi will accept the return.

Hi ScotV,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Also, could you confirm if you have tested in safe mode already? How does that go?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors