Views: 9,353
Message 1 of 97

Moto G6 restarting frequently

jagd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,242
Message 2 of 97

Re: Moto G6 restarting frequently

I have a new G6 (2 weeks).  Every so often when turning the phone off (having selected the shut down option), the screen blanks and seconds later the phone powers back on.  It may come back in SAFE mode.  Is this similar to your problem?  Any solutions out there?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,156
Message 3 of 97

Hi Sunil8891,

Thank you for reporting, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Let us know if you are able to replicate in safe mode? Share us your observation on this?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Alok3009
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,970
Message 4 of 97

What i need to check in safe mode because i am also facing the same issue.

BLee92104
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,955
Message 5 of 97

Hello,   I just got my Moto G6 Play last week and I am having similar problems. It has rebooted 4 times already. The blue screen just comes on and I have to wait a few moments before it will reboot. I am trying to see what I am doing when the problem occurs. Today, I was on the phone talking and it just suddenly disconnects me and goes to the blue screen. After a few moments it rebooted. I did put it in safe mode for 2 days and it did not happen but I took it off of safe mode yesterday. What should I do to prevent this from happening?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,893
Message 6 of 97

@Alok3009 wrote:

What i need to check in safe mode because i am also facing the same issue.

Hi Alok3009,

Thank you for replying, you need to check if you are able to replicate the 'restarting issue' you have mentioned in safe mode. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. 

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode of the device operating system. Safe mode only allows essential system application and services to start up at bootSafe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system and confirm if the issue is caused by third-party apps.

Let us know if you are able to replicate this in safe mode?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Hkaur1
Paper Tape
Views: 8,873
Message 7 of 97

Hi ,

Even I am also facing the same issue of Moto g6 shutting down randomly.

When tested in safe mode it's running fine.

Could you please tell me what I need to do next in order to get rid of this issue permanently

Thanks

Shanes
What's DOS?
Views: 8,825
Message 8 of 97

My phone restarts out of no where when in an app or just using the internet

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,794
Message 9 of 97

@Hkaur1 wrote:

Hi ,

Even I am also facing the same issue of Moto g6 shutting down randomly.

When tested in safe mode it's running fine.

Could you please tell me what I need to do next in order to get rid of this issue permanently

Thanks

Thank you for reporting, if you are able to replicate in safe mode, means third-party apps are the culprit. You can uninstall the recently downloaded apps to find the root app causing issue.

You can also perform 'wipe cache partition' on your device: To do so -- Turn off the Moto G6, and then press and hold the VolumeUp and Power button simultaneously. On the Android recovery screen, use the Volume Down button to navigate down to wipe cache partition and press the Power button to select it.

Observe your device, hope this helps.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,792
Message 10 of 97

@Shanes wrote:

My phone restarts out of no where when in an app or just using the internet

Sorry to learn about that, may I know if you have already tried the above steps. If yes, may I know your observation?

Kindly, update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto support

Top Kudoed Authors