Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borisivan
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 61 of 97

Re: Moto G6 restarting frequently

Hi,

Mine resets 2-3 times a day, has done it since I first got the phone a couple months ago and I was hoping there would be an update that would automatically come in and address, but since it's still happening.... here I am.

I've updated my profile with the serial #. About a week ago, I updated the motorola privacy settings so that it would start sending that data, so hopefully everything is all set up properly. I don't know how to reproduce the problem, so running in safe mode won't really tell me much unless I ran in safe mode for a couple days straight and didn't see the problem, which I hadn't planned on doing.

It's also happened a few times in the middle of the night. And when that happens, it doesn't boot back up since it's waiting on a PIN to proceed with booting. Any emergency calls I would have received --- would not have been received, so this is pretty serious.

Please let me know if my settings are correct and that you're able to examine.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 462
Message 62 of 97

@borisivan wrote:

Hi,

Mine resets 2-3 times a day, has done it since I first got the phone a couple months ago and I was hoping there would be an update that would automatically come in and address, but since it's still happening.... here I am.

I've updated my profile with the serial #. About a week ago, I updated the motorola privacy settings so that it would start sending that data, so hopefully everything is all set up properly. I don't know how to reproduce the problem, so running in safe mode won't really tell me much unless I ran in safe mode for a couple days straight and didn't see the problem, which I hadn't planned on doing.

It's also happened a few times in the middle of the night. And when that happens, it doesn't boot back up since it's waiting on a PIN to proceed with booting. Any emergency calls I would have received --- would not have been received, so this is pretty serious.

Please let me know if my settings are correct and that you're able to examine.

Thanks.

Hi borisivan,

Thank you for writing to us, we are sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. I understand testing in safe mode is difficult—but, just to narrow down, it would be great if we can test in safe mode for about 24 hours. As you had mentioned earlier—you notice 2-3 reboots a day.

Please confirm how it goes once you have tested, so we can collect bug reports and analyze further on this. We might also want you to try Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and observe for few days to see if that makes any difference.

Let us know if you have any questions, also— Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

borisivan
Paper Tape
Views: 458
Message 63 of 97

Hi,

Yes please go ahead and look into whatever debug/log info the phone provides. As mentioned in the previous post, I adjusted the morotola privacy settings a week ago for that reason, hopefully I set those parameters correctly. Please let me know if you are able to acquire the log/crash reports, so I can know that I set those settings correctly (and typed my serial # in correctly).

As far as running for a day or two in safe mode, I can try that if needed, but since there is a chance (hopefully) that you see something in the multiple crash logs/debug for the crashes that have occurred throughout the week so far, I'd prefer to wait until hearing what you see there first.

Appreciate the help, thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 450
Message 64 of 97

Hi borisivan,

Thank you for your permission and additional information. Please be advised that we will have improvements coming for rebooting issues that you have been facing. Please check for the update under settings and let us know if that improves?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

borisivan
Paper Tape
Views: 443
Message 65 of 97

Hi,

Saw the update available, updated. Will let you know what I see. Thanks for the quick response!
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 424
Message 66 of 97

@borisivan wrote:
Hi,

Saw the update available, updated. Will let you know what I see. Thanks for the quick response!

Glad to be your help, observe it for a few days— would suggest you perform Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps so that you can start your device fresh and let us know how it goes?Smiley Happy

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

john_kitson
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 67 of 97

Hello

I have been having exactly the same problem, phone restarts totally randomly at least 10 to 20 times a day. I have tried everything you have suggested even resetting and not even logging in with any account or installing any apps. I have tried safe mode and it still restarts. I have cleared the cache. The system says it's up to date security patch 1st September 18.

Here is a link to the debug file:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z65EFjNaQzh9cQD5vvu1dYz07Ps-ZeXt/view?usp=sharing

Should I just return the phone to the company I bought it from?

Thanks 

John

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 369
Message 68 of 97

@john_kitson wrote:

Hello

I have been having exactly the same problem, phone restarts totally randomly at least 10 to 20 times a day. I have tried everything you have suggested even resetting and not even logging in with any account or installing any apps. I have tried safe mode and it still restarts. I have cleared the cache. The system says it's up to date security patch 1st September 18.

Here is a link to the debug file:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z65EFjNaQzh9cQD5vvu1dYz07Ps-ZeXt/view?usp=sharing

Should I just return the phone to the company I bought it from?

Thanks 

John

Hello john_kitson,

Thank you for writing to us and sharing us the Bug Report, sorry to learn about the restart issue that you have been facing. We would like to help and take a look at your device IMEI. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

john_kitson
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 69 of 97

Hi

Profile updated and Motorola privacy enabled. Feel free to have a look.

Thanks 

John

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 342
Message 70 of 97

@john_kitson wrote:

Hi

Profile updated and Motorola privacy enabled. Feel free to have a look.

Thanks 

John

Thank you, John, we have shared your report with our product team. We will keep you posted once we here back.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors