Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 700
Message 41 of 97

Re: Moto G6 restarting frequently

@Jwools wrote:

Hi, how do I install this update? I am having this problem and it has been getting much worse over the last few days.

Hello Jwools,

You can check your notifications or locate settings > system > systems updates > and refresh to see if you have received any updates?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Jwools
Fanfold Paper
Views: 696
Message 42 of 97

When I press "System Updates", it says "checking for updates", then comes to a screen which says "Your device is up to date".

It says the security patch level is March 1, 2018, so it is clearly not up to date. Is there a way to fix this issue?

I bought the phone unlocked at Best Buy in the US to use outside of the US (I use it with a sim card from Safaricom, a carrier in Kenya), so it has not been activated with my US carrier (Verizon). The software channel is listed as "retus".

Arabind
Paper Tape
Views: 692
Message 43 of 97

Hi

I have a Moto G6 phone ,recently purchased from Amazon.in few days i observed mobile Getting restart autometically while opearting .Any solution

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 686
Message 44 of 97

@Jwools wrote:

When I press "System Updates", it says "checking for updates", then comes to a screen which says "Your device is up to date".

It says the security patch level is March 1, 2018, so it is clearly not up to date. Is there a way to fix this issue?

I bought the phone unlocked at Best Buy in the US to use outside of the US (I use it with a sim card from Safaricom, a carrier in Kenya), so it has not been activated with my US carrier (Verizon). The software channel is listed as "retus".

Thank you for providing additional information, let me have some look at your IMEI and investigate. 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 684
Message 45 of 97

@Arabind wrote:

Hi

I have a Moto G6 phone ,recently purchased from Amazon.in few days i observed mobile Getting restart autometically while opearting .Any solution

Hello Arabind,

Thank you for reporting to us and updating your profile, this will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Also, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Jwools
Fanfold Paper
Views: 655
Message 46 of 97

Hello, were you able to investigate?

Is there anything else I can do to solve this issue?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 645
Message 47 of 97

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@Arabind wrote:

Hi

Update: 

• Please be informed that the IMEI mentioned in your Profile is not correct. Could you update your Moto G6 IMEI on your forums profile for us to look further into this?
  • Also, could you confirm if you have tried the above steps?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Jwools
Fanfold Paper
Views: 612
Message 48 of 97

Was this reply for Arabind or for me?

Please give me at least some kind of help. If I can't get at least some kind of assistance by Monday I'm returning the device and posting the truth on as many review sites as I can: the phone doesn't work properly and isn't receiving any security updates.

Also it's completely ridiculous that, as pointed out in the other thread, Motorola has walked back all its commitments to rolling out security updates. 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 591
Message 49 of 97

@Jwools wrote:

Was this reply for Arabind or for me?

Please give me at least some kind of help. If I can't get at least some kind of assistance by Monday I'm returning the device and posting the truth on as many review sites as I can: the phone doesn't work properly and isn't receiving any security updates.

Also it's completely ridiculous that, as pointed out in the other thread, Motorola has walked back all its commitments to rolling out security updates. 

Please try again to see if you have an update available. 

-Tom

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Jwools
Fanfold Paper
Views: 480
Message 50 of 97

I have now been updated to a more recent security update, but the problem is still happening. In fact it's worse than it was before. I also tried a factory reset, and it was even restarting with just the apps installed direct out of the factory.

Any thoughts on what to do or do I just need to return the phone?

Top Kudoed Authors