Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_kitson
Paper Tape
Views: 418
Message 71 of 97

Re: Moto G6 restarting frequently

Hello

Any progress on this. Can't use the phone properly.

Thanks

John

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 410
Message 72 of 97

@john_kitson wrote:

Hello

Any progress on this. Can't use the phone properly.

Thanks

John

Unfortunately, we have not received any update from our engineer team. If this is troubling your daily use, would request you to send your device for Repair/Service—so that the team can further diagnose your device and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

rjlgloucs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 318
Message 73 of 97

I'm suffering from frequent restarts from my Moto G6. Particularly since installing the last security update.  This is very poor and makes me question Motorola's build quality. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 302
Message 74 of 97

@rjlgloucs wrote:

I'm suffering from frequent restarts from my Moto G6. Particularly since installing the last security update.  This is very poor and makes me question Motorola's build quality. 

Hi rjlgloucs,

Sorry to learn about the device restarting issue that you have been facing. We would like to learn more. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

rjlgloucs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 285
Message 75 of 97

Details updated. It seems to happen when the phone is working moderately hard, e.g. google maps when searching different routes. This was yesterday trying to navigate around london - infuriating.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 281
Message 76 of 97

@rjlgloucs wrote:
Details updated. It seems to happen when the phone is working moderately hard, e.g. google maps when searching different routes. This was yesterday trying to navigate around london - infuriating.

Hi rjlgloucs,

Thanks for updating your profile, It looks like the IMEI number updated is incorrect on file, could you please correct and update the same.

Also, you can try performing Clear Cache/Data on Google Maps under Settings > Apps & Notification and let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

rjlgloucs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 271
Message 77 of 97

thanks - was missing a number. Now updated.

I have cleared app cache and tried other suggested fixes on this and other threads on this board.

Google maps was an example, it crashed again when going from Chrome to settings. The instances of restarts are not limited to a particular application or work flow but do correlate to when the phone is working hard and / or warm.

This suggests (to me) that thermal throttling is at least partly to blame. I had a similar issue with a Nexus 5X which required a replacement.
rjlgloucs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 239
Message 78 of 97

Any progress on this, still suffering from restarts.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 224
Message 79 of 97

@rjlgloucs wrote:

Any progress on this, still suffering from restarts.

Sorry about the delay, as per the checking reports—it looks like there are plenty of apps that are causing trouble and crashing often resulting in an auto restart. Our best bet would be to have your device perform Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and observe for a few days. If you see any restart - do let us know so we can collect the Bug Report and pass along to our engineer team for further assistance and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

rjlgloucs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 214
Message 80 of 97

You suggestion is to remove the apps that provide the functionality I require from the phone. This is hardly a great solution for me.

Apps that have not caused problems on other phones prior to this one.  Can you provide indications as to which apps are causing the issues as saying multiple apps are causing problems suggests you can identify the problems.

At the moment I can't help but think the phone is defective.

Rich

Top Kudoed Authors