Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjlgloucs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 459
Message 81 of 97

Re: Moto G6 restarting frequently

So I have done a factory reset as suggested. The only additional app I have installed is Whatsapp. I'm still getting crashes and restarts when using chrome.

What solution can you provide me? 

Richard

mloren
What's DOS?
Views: 455
Message 82 of 97

I'm having a similar problem.  Phone is new and has worked well for 1st week. Now, when I shut it off, it restarts itself every time; I have tested it in safe mode to be sure apps are not causing it, but same result occurs.  Thanks for any help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 395
Message 83 of 97

@rjlgloucs wrote:

So I have done a factory reset as suggested. The only additional app I have installed is Whatsapp. I'm still getting crashes and restarts when using chrome.

What solution can you provide me? 

Richard

Hi rjlgloucs,

Thanks for testing, if you have already performed Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and have tried performing Clear Data/Cache on the Chrome app. You can try to Force stop the Chrome app > Disable > Restart the device > Enable on Chrome app and observe. If this did not help then we might need Logs and Bug Reports for further investigation.

Regards,

Swaraj 

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 390
Message 84 of 97

@mloren wrote:

I'm having a similar problem.  Phone is new and has worked well for 1st week. Now, when I shut it off, it restarts itself every time; I have tested it in safe mode to be sure apps are not causing it, but same result occurs.  Thanks for any help.

Hi mloren,

Sorry to know that, just to confirm — are you using any Case or Cover on your device which might be the source? How are you trying to turn your device off?

From when are you experiencing this? Could you also share us a small video showing the same? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

markewallace
Paper Tape
Views: 327
Message 85 of 97

Hello. Has this problem been resolved yet? I just received a G6 from Amazon yesterday, and already it is exhibiting this same reboot/restart problem.

Intolerable problem. I have to have a phone that is reliable, which this one already is not. If there is a quick fix, I would be happy to apply it. Otherwise, I will have to return this phone. It seems to be a very nice phone, but I can't put up with it randomly restarting.

Thank you,

Mark

mloren
What's DOS?
Views: 325
Message 86 of 97

Thanks much; I tried several of your suggestions, and the problem has now resolved itself!

rjlgloucs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 322
Message 87 of 97

I contacted Amazon customer care and they agreed to a replacement which so far has been fine.

My wife's G6 has had no problems. Given the number of people with this issue it seems like a (lack of) quality control from Motorola/Lenovo

markewallace
Paper Tape
Views: 307
Message 88 of 97

Really can't bank/gamble on a replacement not having the very same problem, seeing as this one is brand new as it is.

Unless there is a known, surefire solution for the problem, I will have to return this phone.

I like it the phone. I liked my Moto G5 before it. I can't have a phone restarting on me though in the middle of a conversation, which it did once today in addition to probably four or five other random restarts. It also disconnected/reconnected from my Ford F150's Bluetooth twice today, both while I was in the middle of a conversation. Easily the least reliable phone that I have ever had, and I have only had it for a day.

I am running basically the same set of software on this phone, the old G5, my work phone (a Samsung S9+), and my Galaxy S2 tablet. The G6 is the only one of the bunch that has ever just randomly restarted on me, ever. If this is a software problem (which I doubt), then I guess I will have to stick with devices that can handle my software.

Mark

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 261
Message 89 of 97

@mloren wrote:

Thanks much; I tried several of your suggestions, and the problem has now resolved itself!

Great, thanks! Glad to see the progress!Smiley Happy

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 260
Message 90 of 97

@markewallace wrote:

Really can't bank/gamble on a replacement not having the very same problem, seeing as this one is brand new as it is.

Unless there is a known, surefire solution for the problem, I will have to return this phone.

I like it the phone. I liked my Moto G5 before it. I can't have a phone restarting on me though in the middle of a conversation, which it did once today in addition to probably four or five other random restarts. It also disconnected/reconnected from my Ford F150's Bluetooth twice today, both while I was in the middle of a conversation. Easily the least reliable phone that I have ever had, and I have only had it for a day.

I am running basically the same set of software on this phone, the old G5, my work phone (a Samsung S9+), and my Galaxy S2 tablet. The G6 is the only one of the bunch that has ever just randomly restarted on me, ever. If this is a software problem (which I doubt), then I guess I will have to stick with devices that can handle my software.

Mark

Hi markewallace,

Thanks for writing to us, sorry to know about the ongoing issue that you have been facing in regards to 'Device Auto Restart' — we would like to take a look, we have your device IMEI. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. To do so— Settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy > Enable. This will help us investigate.

Just to confirm can we quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors