Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmdeuskar
Paper Tape
Views: 16,537
Message 1 of 21

Moto G6 screen replacement

My brand new Moto G6 fallen from sofa and glass is completely broken. The touch is working fine,

I don't want to express my disappointment about quality and false claims about gorilla glass here in this forum.

I will use twitter for that.

I called service center for replacement. They are saying it will take 11,000 Rs. to fix it.

This is crazy. The phone cost is 13,500 Rs and screen cost is 11,500 Rs?

My question is

1. Can you replace just glass instead of whole display? Touch is working fine

2. Is there any local repair shop in pune where I can fix it?

Totally No to Lenovo and Motorola from here onwards

DILIPDEEPU
What's DOS?
Views: 16,196
Message 2 of 21

Re: Moto G6 screen replacement

Am from Bangalore, am also facing same issue. Motorola has promised many good things about their services during the launch event but now we understood it's just fake. Quality of display is also really not good.

I enquired in other moto hub, same display what we are getting at 11,000 will be replaced at 6,000 but without warranty. 

Shikhathakur
What's DOS?
Views: 15,947
Message 3 of 21

Same here. My brand new moto G6 fell from knee length and suffered a brilliant crack. As it is a new phone, I couldn't find its cover online, and it was my foolishness to wait for it. Anyways, I don't understand the concept of so-called gorilla glass of Motorola. The service centre told me it takes 10,000 for screen when the phone costed me 12,000. Strange!! 

Something should be done.

rmdeuskar
Paper Tape
Views: 15,680
Message 4 of 21

Now the back glass is shatterred. Completely broken.

I was getting down from car. Phone banged on car door and back glass is completely broken.

This cannot be gorrila glass. I am completely taken for ride by amazon and lenovo.

i am putting case in consumer court now. If anyone wants to join please let me know

drj123
What's DOS?
Views: 15,591
Message 5 of 21

I have used moto GET, E3,. G4 and now G6. So far G6 is disappointing.
It has gorilla glass on either side.
But screen broke so easily.
This is just cheating. I was 9500 in Hyderabad lenovo authorized service center. Screen cost is just 34 USD. Outside I was asked 4000 without warranty. How come? So no control over anybody. Don't have time for courts. I would better try other brand next time.
Bushair
Paper Tape
Views: 14,453
Message 6 of 21

Hi

What have you done for the replacement ?

Its insane to spend 11K for just screen replacement .

BK_21
Paper Tape
Views: 13,874
Message 7 of 21

I am facing the same issues with my 3 months old moto g6 phone, they have charged the half of the price for the repairing of glass. 

Don't know why they can't give us just glass, they made it compulsory that one has to purchase the touch with the glass. 

Really this is the big issues with the company service center people.  

Jayanpanchal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 13,780
Message 8 of 21

My phone fall from hand to floor, very short distance and glass is broken.

Where should i get it repaired.

Service center told me it will cost 11200

I bought this phone offer price is 12000

Doesn't make any sense to repair it.

Feeling sad.

Very costly phone for such quality

josepainumkal
What's DOS?
Views: 13,457
Message 9 of 21

I am totally disappointed with the quality and durability of Moto G6. It was a shock for me to realize the fact that MOTO G6's Corrila Glass screen couldn't withstand a small fall from the jeans pocket. I have used many phones of different brands in the past and never had an issue with any of them. (Believe me, some of my phones (nokia, samsung) had fallen from table and even neck height and still didn't even had a crack). Greatly disappointed with Moto G6. My phone is hardly a month old and I dont know what to do with broken screen as the screen replacement will cost almost the price of the phone itself..hmm...The phone's touch and all other funtionalities are working fine...

If you are looking for a durable phone that lasts, then please dont buy Moto G6.

For me, No more motorola phone anymore...

Ammol97
What's DOS?
Views: 11,118
Message 10 of 21

I want to sue them as well. The glass replacement cost cant be 90% of the total right? They've been quoting random amount. 10K-11K for just the glass. I don't think that Gorrila glass is this brittle. 

Top Kudoed Authors