Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SohilAhmed07
Paper Tape
Views: 1,057
Message 11 of 21

Re: Moto G6 screen replacement

Me too... My moto G6 fel from height of nothing more than 5ft. And glass is broken... I called service centre they said its not a Gorila Galss and I if I want to change it will cost me up to 6000 in Bhilwara Rajasthan.
GirishNP
What's DOS?
Views: 1,023
Message 12 of 21

I also faced the same issue just fell from my knee, need to put it in consumer court. Anyone can join me.

GirishNP
What's DOS?
Views: 1,023
Message 13 of 21

I also faced the same issue just fell from my knee, need to put it in consumer court. Anyone can join me.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 993
Message 14 of 21

Hi guys,

We understand your sentiment. Please keep in mind though, Gorilla Glass is engineered to be more difficult to scratch and therefore more resistant to cracking, ad it's strength allows use of thinner panes. But it is still glass and will break if it is dropped or impacted. In addition, this falls under physical damage which is not covered under warranty. If you want it repaired, there may be a fee to fix it. India repair centers operate independently. We do not set prices.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 986
Message 15 of 21

In some phones, the screen is the most expensive component.  Otherwise, it's the second most expensive component in the phone, second only to the SoC, which includes the RAM, CPU, and other components.

Glass breaks, and if you're lucky enough that it doesn't break when you drop it, you can rest assured that you did damage the glass by making it weaker.  Nobody ever said, and especially not Corning (who manufactures Gorilla Glass) that it was shatter proof.  It isn't.  It's scratch resistant.  

Also, please remember that it's not just the height of the fall; it's how much force was behind the fall, where the phone landed...flat on its back, flat on its face, on a corner (the worst), did it bounce, what surface did it land on...all of these forces and more effect the outcome of a fall/drop.

I wish you luck in getting your phone repaired as inexpensively as possible.

Li9
Paper Tape
Views: 844
Message 16 of 21

Same here. My brand new moto G6 fell from knee length and suffered a brilliant crack. As it is a new phone, I couldn't find its cover online, and it was my foolishness to wait for it. Anyways, I don't understand the concept of so-called gorilla glass of Motorola. The service centre told me it takes 7,500 for screen when the phone costed me 11,500. Strange!! 

Something should be done.

gizmogadget
What's DOS?
Views: 687
Message 17 of 21

Same here. Enquired local service centre here in Delhi. They quoted me 8900 INR excluding taxes which means that final cost would have been around 10500 INR. It's a joke.

Starting searching Google for some repair shop and called ShatterFix. They quoted me 4500 INR inclusive of taxes. Their executive came to my home, collected phone and delivered back the next day morning. The executive told me that ShatterFix provides repair service across India.

To my surprise, the screen installed by ShatterFix was 100% genuine. I don't how on earth are service centre guys quoting such unbelievable repair prices. 

AlexanderKustov
Blue Screen Again
Views: 624
Message 18 of 21

Hi!

Please, advice what is this spare part for Motorola g6 plus is supposed to be for? I have received it in order to repair shattered glass on my phone.

AlexanderKustov
Blue Screen Again
Views: 561
Message 19 of 21

Workshops refused to use that part. Still waiting for a professional opinion here

BattleTech
What's DOS?
Views: 117
Message 20 of 21

It is possible to replace just the glass and not the LCD itself. However the touch response is on the outer glass, known as the digitizer. Because of the way this phone is built to ensure the slim body and "sturdy" construction, the digitizer with Gorilla Glass 3 is glued directly onto the LCD. Unfortunately for us that means it is a lot more expensive to remove the glass from the LCD successfully, as it's fairly easy to crack the fragile panel. I would suggest battery+bulbs or a store similar for replacement, the quoted me $80USD, the device was $250 USD at the time of purchase. Hope I could help!

Top Kudoed Authors