Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveen10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 991
Message 21 of 26

Re: Icon Display Lag after Pie Upgrade

Ok but you just mentioned that who asked you to flash the device. Why same terminology used differently by different Motorola agent.
sc000
Punch Card
Views: 986
Message 22 of 26

@Motorolatom When do you plan to issue the software update?

Kf7mxe
What's DOS?
Views: 342
Message 23 of 26

Re: Moto G6 slow on android P

After updating my phone to pie it is slow and keeps bringing up dialog box saying that this app isn't responding, when I scroll it lags really badly. When I am typing or bringing up the key board it struggles. I have cleared the cache and freed up space which on the previous os sped up my phone but this hasn't. I have dealt with this for a few weeks but it's getting frustrating 

Benny_
What's DOS?
Views: 193
Message 24 of 26

@MotorolaTom wrote:

We are aware that some users are reporting sluggish performance with the launcher after updating to Android Pie. I can confirm that we will have improvements for this behavior in a future software update.

-Tom

Hello Tom,

2 months and the community is still waiting. When will that update be released?

Here I have the same problems for months. The phone slows down or freezes very frequently, like when I turn it on, and then several times per minute. Unbearable. Cannot shoot a video. Takes 10 minutes to open the page settings -> data (really, 10 minutes). Also super long to open google map or camera app, or any map.

Is it possible to revert back to Android O?

walhut
What's DOS?
Views: 119
Message 25 of 26

Re: Moto G6 slow on android P

I struggled with very slow performance, delayed typing, app wait notifications, etc, after my upgrade to Oreo. I was almost ready to go through performing a factory reset to see if that would help.

I was able to fix this by resetting all app preferences and Wi-Fi, mobile and Bluetooth settings. My phone is incredibly fast now and it's as good, if not better than when I first purchased it. I'm curious to know if this helps anyone else. Below are the steps I used to complete this. 

Settings > System > Reset Options > Reset App preferences

System > System > Reset Options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

Highlighted
Benny_
What's DOS?
Views: 73
Message 26 of 26

I installed Nova launcher and stopped all notifications from Moto apps. Helps significantely but still far from perfect.
Will try the @walhut proposal below.
Top Kudoed Authors