Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSN99
Punch Card
Views: 6,408
Message 3 of 22

Moto G6 slow on android P

The moto G6 is very slow compared to how fast it was when it was on Oreo. I have tried clearin gth

I also got this bug report a few days ago. Didn't know where to put it out. 

Abhi0310
What's DOS?
Views: 6,346
Message 1 of 22

Touch unresponsive Moto G6 after Pie Update

Hi All ,

I recently got my G6 update to Pie 9.0 . My Happiness is shortlived as I noticed the screen lag , unresponsive touch , longer boot time .

Also while using the phone I noticed that Phone Speaker Volume is too low and you cannot hear a word if your sorrounding is mildly populated .

I Have done all Cache Cleared and also tried using it in safe mode but no effect on the issues .

Please Help

Thanks 

Abhishek 

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 6,310
Message 2 of 22

Icon Display Lag after Pie Upgrade

I sometimes see a blank screen after recovering from sleep  / display off and it takes several seconds for the icons to populate. The previous Android version was fine. This appears to be a bug. What is Motorola doing to fix th problem and why didn't the software testing not find this bug?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 6,367
Message 4 of 22

Re: Moto G6 slow on android P

@JSN99 wrote:

The moto G6 is very slow compared to how fast it was when it was on Oreo. I have tried clearin gth

I also got this bug report a few days ago. Didn't know where to put it out. 

Have you tested in safe mode? Tried a reset and setup as new?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
JSN99
Punch Card
Views: 6,335
Message 5 of 22

I have tried the safe mode. It is faster than the normal mode. The device is not unbearable but is definitely slower than android O.

It was definitely smoother and snappy on android O. 

The RAM management is also poor on android P as compared to android O. It won't keep as many apps in memory as it would do on android O. I have also tried clearing the cache partition from recovery mode which has made things better. 

I have used some other moto g6's also which have the same speed as I have. The software could be more optimised for the device. 

Thanks

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 6,349
Message 6 of 22

The update is poorly tested and buggy. The usual advice from Motorola here is to reset the phone requiring reinstallation of all apps. This advice usually fails so why is it offered.

Jarvis13
What's DOS?
Views: 5,401
Message 7 of 22

But why should the users go through all the trouble of hard reset and creating backup and getting everything back on. Shouldn't this be job of the engineers to roll out and update to fix the problems?

A142
Paper Tape
Views: 1,748
Message 8 of 22

FWIW a hard reset helped my G6's frustrating slowness issues. Only took 30 mins to get set up again.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,594
Message 9 of 22

@A142 wrote:
FWIW a hard reset helped my G6's frustrating slowness issues. Only took 30 mins to get set up again.

Thanks for posting, appreciate your efforts in resolving this. Smiley Happy

-Swaraj

JSN99
Punch Card
Views: 1,050
Message 10 of 22

Now that it has been a few months and a software update later, I can tell you the the phone has become very slow and the security update was a february '19 one, for some reason. 

It is getting to a point where it is getting unbearable. It is the same exerience that i had on my old moto phones as well. This says something now, guess i.e. the moto phones will slow down after a few months of use, which is dissapointing. The software updates are inconsistent too. I don't have many apps on my device either, but here we are!

you are probably better off installing a custom rom or a GSI. Which is an inconvenience for many people. Smiley Sad 

I really hope the next update is coming soon and has solved atleast some problems.  

Top Kudoed Authors