US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 21 of 25

Re: Moto G6 text by Bluetooth not supported when connected to Ford Sync

2019-04-22, 13:24 PM

Hi TA11,

Thank you for providing the information. I'll let the team know. I'll let you know if we need further info and/or update. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

09-04-2019

US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 22 of 25

2019-09-04, 17:52 PM

Is there any resolution to this? I have the same issue with my Ford Sync 2 (2013 Edge) and my Moto g6.

Options

2 Posts

11-14-2019

US

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 23 of 25

2019-11-14, 0:49 AM

I'm looking for an answer to this too! Have a brand new Moto g6 Play and it will no connect Bluetooth messaging to a 2009 Lincoln MKS. I get the same message as TA11 's screenshot. I've had an ancient Samsung Galaxy S4 that worked flawlessly with this car prior to getting the new phone. Is there a fix for this? BTW - what's with the what's DOS? crack, I was building PCs before you were born...

Options

1540 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

274 Signins

16814 Page Views

• Views: 16814
  • Message 24 of 25

2019-11-20, 4:57 AM

wrote:

I'm looking for an answer to this too! Have a brand new Moto g6 Play and it will no connect Bluetooth messaging to a 2009 Lincoln MKS. I get the same message as TA11 's screenshot. I've had an ancient Samsung Galaxy S4 that worked flawlessly with this car prior to getting the new phone. Is there a fix for this? BTW - what's with the what's DOS? crack, I was building PCs before you were born...

Hi TLL,

Thanks for letting us know. Allow us some time to look at it with the concerned team, meanwhile, kindly share a Bug Report with Snoop enabled. Here are the steps:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On

6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive

9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.

10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well

11. Share the link to the bug report and btsnoop_hci.log via a private message.

12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

11-14-2019

US

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 25 of 25

2019-11-28, 0:24 AM

I'll try to do this over the weekend. So what have you learned from the other guy with the exact same probelm? you should also be aware the I just bought my son a brand new G7 Play direct from Motorola and it has the indentical problem(!?)  TLL

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save