cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninafromnorway
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,152
Message 1 of 8

Moto G6, third party apps lagging and are slow.

My Moto G6 is just over 4 weeks old, and since day 1 it has been really slow.

I have installed a number of apps on the phone, and whatever app I try to open, the phone needs 5 - 15 seconds to process the command for it to open. If I want to look at a story on snapchat, it needs 10 second just to open the story. If I get impatient and end up tapping more than once on the app/command, the app crashes.

Taking a picture often takes 5 - 10 seconds.

Scrolling is fine.

I am not a patient person, and this is beginning to really, really annoy me. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Here's a link which shows the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53eq5LvsCpI

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 4,112
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G6, third party apps lagging and are slow.

@ninafromnorway wrote:

My Moto G6 is just over 4 weeks old, and since day 1 it has been really slow.

I have installed a number of apps on the phone, and whatever app I try to open, the phone needs 5 - 15 seconds to process the command for it to open. If I want to look at a story on snapchat, it needs 10 second just to open the story. If I get impatient and end up tapping more than once on the app/command, the app crashes.

Taking a picture often takes 5 - 10 seconds.

Scrolling is fine.

I am not a patient person, and this is beginning to really, really annoy me. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Here's a link which shows the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53eq5LvsCpI

If the camera is also slow too, it could be some other apps installed causing even some built in functions to lag.

Have you tested in safe mode?

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

Have you tried a reset and then tested the camera before installing or restoring any apps?

Have you tested without an SD card installed?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,059
Message 3 of 8

Hello ninafromnorway,

We'd like to look into this further. Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Vinaybabu
What's DOS?
Views: 3,694
Message 4 of 8

Hi I have bought Moto g6 20 days back ever since then I am facing problems on application..they hang every 10-15 min of usage and unfortunate thing is  I am not gaming or something which is high end ...I am facing issue with small applications like money control and financial apps ...even calls are getting hanged...in between apps there is lag.. I cannot open them quickly and they r closing every 5-10min of usage and then again I had to re open them ...I am using same apps in different mobile for example g5s plus of my dad where they r working super fine...my friend r saying this is because of cheap processor which was used in this mobile some snapdragon 430..what to do now...

robfromqueens
What's DOS?
Views: 2,729
Message 5 of 8

I am experiencing similar issues. Had the phone for a little more than three months and I am not a heavy user either. No games, no big apps. Phone has severly slowed down over the past month. Opening camera app takes upto 5 seconds. Same with Google Maps. I'm a tech manager so I've taken the routine steps of clearing cache, updating apps and removing unnecessary media. I don't have many apps open either. Spotify for music, WhatsApp for communication, and Slack for work primarily. And Google Maps and Kindle occassionally. That is the extent of my smartphone usage. I am not sure what is causing the slowdown. I have updated my profile with phone serial. Can you please look into this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,580
Message 6 of 8

@robfromqueens wrote:

I am experiencing similar issues. Had the phone for a little more than three months and I am not a heavy user either. No games, no big apps. Phone has severly slowed down over the past month. Opening camera app takes upto 5 seconds. Same with Google Maps. I'm a tech manager so I've taken the routine steps of clearing cache, updating apps and removing unnecessary media. I don't have many apps open either. Spotify for music, WhatsApp for communication, and Slack for work primarily. And Google Maps and Kindle occassionally. That is the extent of my smartphone usage. I am not sure what is causing the slowdown. I have updated my profile with phone serial. Can you please look into this?

Hi robfromqueens,

Sorry to hear about this and thank you for updating your profile, also make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

• Just to narrow down —may I know if you are using SD card? How are you managing your device space? Could you also give us a little brief on what kind of lags you are noticing apart from camera launch delay? What was the last thing you did on your device before you could see the lag?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

BeanBole
What's DOS?
Views: 685
Message 7 of 8

Hello I just received my Moto g6 as a graduation present 4 days ago, and I've been noticing it's running really slow when I open Snapchat in particular. As of now none of my other apps are having performance issues, only Snapchat. It takes at least 10-15 seconds for anything to load, whether it's opening a message, replying, saving messages, opening snaps or watching stories, everything is running really slow. Sometimes I cannot even look at pictures in my memories or my eyes only. Can you help?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 565
Message 8 of 8

Hello BeanBole,

Sorry about the delay in response, are you still experiencing a lag in the Snapchat app? If yes, may I know if you have tried performing clear cache/data on the app? If not, please perform and let us know if that helps. Also, make sure to update the app to the latest version on the Play Store.

To perform clear cache: Settings > Apps & notification > Snapchat > Storage > Clear cache/data > Reboot your device and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors