Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alberthall
Fanfold Paper
Views: 881
Message 11 of 78

Re: Moto G6 with no ring sound

There is undoubtedly a firmware problem with these phones for so many people to be experiencing the same problem. Mine is around two months old and has been dooged by this no ring/alarm problem from day one. The only solution I have found is to restart your phone, probably twice a day to be certain and the sounds return but not for long and there in lay the problem, there is some function or series of functions that cause these phones to default all sounds to silent.

I will persist a bit longer before returning it for my money back and return to good old Samsung!

Alberthall
Fanfold Paper
Views: 877
Message 12 of 78

Hi, has your G6 continued to behave itself?

carlosgap5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 874
Message 13 of 78

Turned off the dolby thibg and seems to have fixed 

Alberthall
Fanfold Paper
Views: 866
Message 14 of 78

I'll try that too and see if it resolves it for me. I have found that if I do not use the finger print doodad to close the screen my sound seems to remain on?
Alberthall
Fanfold Paper
Views: 860
Message 15 of 78

Seemingly turning off the Dolby sound feature cures this problem, if so Motorolla we all need a fix for this?

Hoodat
Punch Card
Views: 826
Message 16 of 78

I have the same problem--no sound for any occasion.  My phone is a brand new G6.  I started messing with the volume settings for media, alarm, and ring, and sound started working, although sometimes very faint, even with the volume slider nearly 100%.  I turned off Dolby, and turned it back on.  Doing that didn't seem to have any effect.  I also rebooted the phone with no effect.

I see this thread started months ago.  Will Lenovo ever fix this bug?

Hoodat

Alberthall
Fanfold Paper
Views: 820
Message 17 of 78

I have turned off Dolby sound and stopped locking my G6 with the thumb print, for the past 24 hours it seems to have worked, so yes M have some work to do on these phones and QUICK!

carlosgap5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 807
Message 18 of 78

I kept using using the fingerprint sensor  Just turned off the dolby, and seems to have worked, its been a week already 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 804
Message 19 of 78

Hi All,

We thank you for reporting and sharing us your feedback, we have shared your reports with our product team for further investigation. We request you all to update your IMEI. Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

• Also, may I know when do you see this generally?
  • Does it start and stop automatically?
  • Have you all tested in safe mode?
  • Does this occur while you use any specific application on your device?
  • Are you using any third-party ringtone app?
  • I do not think 'Dolby' or the fingerprint has anything to do with this. 
  • When you see this, could you also test in device help app > hardware > speaker and let us know how it goes? You can also share us the screenshots.
  • If you still see this issue, then our next step would be to perform factory data reset without restoring any apps and observe. If the issue persists then you can opt for replacement/service or exchange if you are still in the exchange window.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

Hoodat
Punch Card
Views: 773
Message 20 of 78

Good day Agent Swaraj,

A bit more information about 'the problem': my phone is new.  It was powered on for the first time yesterday (Aug. 20) by the tech who set it up on my cellular service.  IIRC, it rang once while she was setting it up. Later yesterday I was trying to configure my phone. I've not installed any apps.  The only changes I made were to the Do Not Disturb preferences, turning on weeknight and weekend rules. (I've since turned those back off.) I noticed then that the phone never made any sounds at all.  After hours of trying to find a way to turn the sound back on, I found this forum. When I was messing around with the volume controls for media, alarm, and ring, the speaker began working, but it's flaky.  The ring volume is always very faint the first time it plays when moving the slider, then increases in volume.

As I have more time for testing, I'll try to respond to some of your questions in your bulleted list.

Cheers,

Hoodat

Top Kudoed Authors