Message 21 of 78

Re: Moto G6 with no ring sound

Turn off the bundled Dolby sound, you should find that fixes the problem

Hoodat
Punch Card
Views: 430
Message 22 of 78

Turning off Dolby doesn't fix the ring volume. It is faint no matter where on the slider except the last couple of notes are loud, unless I trigger the sounds very close together (I hope that made sense).
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 410
Message 23 of 78

@Hoodat wrote:
Turning off Dolby doesn't fix the ring volume. It is faint no matter where on the slider except the last couple of notes are loud, unless I trigger the sounds very close together (I hope that made sense).

Hello Hoodat,

Thank you for reporting, just to confirm, your device is working fine but you are facing the faint volume at the start of the ringtone and which gradually increases. Correct me if I am missing something?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support 

carlosgap5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 401
Message 24 of 78

You are right; my theory about the dolby thing went down trough the pipe; suddenly the phone is not ringing anymore. had to mess eith setting so it turns back on; very bad moto; please fix it
carlosgap5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 401
Message 25 of 78

yeah mate check it out; my theory didnt work; now i got the bug back with dolby off
carlosgap5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 399
Message 26 of 78

disagree mate thats not a solution...

the topic should go back to not solved

Hoodat
Punch Card
Views: 396
Message 27 of 78

Hello Agent Swaraj,

Correct.  If I trigger the ringtone for phone by going to ringtones and clicking on the default 'Moto', it is faint until just before the voice says 'Hello Moto', then increases immediately to the full volume setting. The ringtones for other functions--alarm, notifications--do the same thing.

Hoodat

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 369
Message 28 of 78

@Hoodat wrote:

Hello Agent Swaraj,

Correct.  If I trigger the ringtone for phone by going to ringtones and clicking on the default 'Moto', it is faint until just before the voice says 'Hello Moto', then increases immediately to the full volume setting. The ringtones for other functions--alarm, notifications--do the same thing.

Hoodat

Hello Hoodat,

The phone has ascending ringtones, alarm tones all follow this same ascending tone. so after tapping on the ringtone the first time it's triggered. The first playthrough is very quiet, tapping on a different tone it will play at the louder volume because the speaker is already ramping up the audio

Please be advised that this is working as per design, not an issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Swaraj
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 367
Message 29 of 78

@carlosgap5 wrote:
You are right; my theory about the dolby thing went down trough the pipe; suddenly the phone is not ringing anymore. had to mess eith setting so it turns back on; very bad moto; please fix it

Hello carlosgap5,

This is odd, if you are still experiencing the issue, request you to perform the factory data reset without restoring any apps-- just to make sure you have the default fresh settings on your device and observe if the issue still persists then we would suggest you get it exchanged if it is in your exchange window or serviced.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support 

carlosgap5
Fanfold Paper
Views: 364
Message 30 of 78

Yes, sure... i have the time for that;

Also have time to discuss with motorola what is the issue; 

Was very happy on moto g4 as it was trouble free. Came from samsung because of that; now i'll change again; not keen to be paying for a device that i have to work to fix bugs

Top Kudoed Authors