Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theregal_prince
Paper Tape
Views: 4,577
Message 1 of 8

Moto g6 battery drain issue after update on 20sep 2018

Hey i bought this 4 days ago but after an update on 20sep 2018 the battery started draining and device heat even on normal uses after the update. Please fix it asap.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,465
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto g6 battery drain issue after update on 20sep 2018

Hi Theregal_prince,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry to hear about that. A lot of factors come into play when it comes to the battery performance of the phone. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

Click here for few tips and tricks on how can better manage and extend your phone's battery.

We do recommend these steps to re-calibrate the battery. Press and hold the power button until the screen turns off. The phone will reboot then on its own. Charge the phone to 100% and then leave it on the charger for a few hours. Let us know what happens?

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Theregal_prince
Paper Tape
Views: 4,430
Message 3 of 8

Hey after following these steps battery drain increased a bit more.
From 100 to 97 its ok but after that it fall 95 faster. And then 95 to 93 its good but after that From 93 to 90 it goes down very aggressively.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,423
Message 4 of 8

@Theregal_prince wrote:
Hey after following these steps battery drain increased a bit more.
From 100 to 97 its ok but after that it fall 95 faster. And then 95 to 93 its good but after that From 93 to 90 it goes down very aggressively.

Hi Theregal_prince,

Thank you for replying, please follow the calibration process along with -tips- twice a week for few weeks-- this will gradually help your device battery performance increase. Please make sure to remove any apps that you might not be using and which more like consumes battery in the background. You can get more information under your device battery settings.

Let us know the progress after a few weeks. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Theregal_prince
Paper Tape
Views: 4,379
Message 5 of 8

My problem has not been solved yet

JabberJaws
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,329
Message 6 of 8

My Moto G6 has been working and charging for two months without a problem. My son and wife have the same model, same age with no issues. Suddenly my phone is over heating and failing to charge properly. I've eliminated many unused apps and changed the location setting to the recommended battery save mode. The phone seems to have trouble getting to 100%. Don't know what else to do! Help! I'm melting! I'm melting! 😈

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,278
Message 7 of 8

@JabberJaws wrote:

My Moto G6 has been working and charging for two months without a problem. My son and wife have the same model, same age with no issues. Suddenly my phone is over heating and failing to charge properly. I've eliminated many unused apps and changed the location setting to the recommended battery save mode. The phone seems to have trouble getting to 100%. Don't know what else to do! Help! I'm melting! I'm melting! 😈

Hi JabberJaws,

Thank you for trying provided checkpoints. The next options would be performing a Factory Data Reset and if you still find an issue, submitting your phone for Repair would be the next logical action.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Connormason
What's DOS?
Views: 2,755
Message 8 of 8

Btw everyone check in security if you have Google find my device and Google pay as administrator thats what was drain my phone so much I deactivated them as administrator but still have it turned on at the top of security in settings and my phone is so much quicker and not draining. PS I've got the November update hope this helps 😯😉

Top Kudoed Authors