Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CreepyCabral
What's DOS?
Views: 2,904
Message 1 of 4

Moto g6 dual back cameras

Hi everybody, and thank you in advance for any help.  I'm not exactly super tech savvy as I'm kind of old-school, and don't usually learn something new until I need too, but I'm not exactly a tech moron either, and can learn quick.  I prempt my question with that out of fear I may be asking a stupid question, but here I go.  I just got a Moto g today and started playing with it.  From reviews I read I was under the impression that the dual back cameras meant that you had the option to switch between the two lenses, but the camera doesn't give me the option to do so.  I updated the software for the Motorola camera app, but still didn't offer me the option to do so.  Does the software integrate the two lenses as one, or should I be able to transition from one lense to the other?

Former Employee
Views: 2,888
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto g6 dual back cameras

Hello CreepyCabral,

Thank you for writing us, please be informed that the Moto G6 does not have the "switch between lens" where the camera is used to aid the primary sensor to create highly stylised portrait images. For more information, please click here.  Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
sachadon
What's DOS?
Views: 379
Message 3 of 4

Please explain in plain english. Can you or can you not switch the rear camera to wide screen lense while taking the picture? If not then why are there two cameras on the back

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 309
Message 4 of 4

@sachadon wrote:

Please explain in plain english. Can you or can you not switch the rear camera to wide screen lense while taking the picture? If not then why are there two cameras on the back

Hi sachadon,

Moto G6 does not support "switch between lens". Please be informed that the secondary camera is used to sense the depth of field to differentiate image subject from image backdrop. It helps in measuring the depth of field and blurring the background.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors