Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jaxgrl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 158
Message 1 of 4

Moto g6 lagging

I purchased a moto g6 in september 2018. Until a week ago it was working great. For the last 5 to 6 days it has been lagging a lot. Switching between applications or typing causes the screen to almost freeze. Battery also seems to last slightly less. I haven't done any installation lately and I don't do anything fishy with my phone. I don't keep games or any heavy apps. Storage is more than 50% free. I did a restart after clearing up the cache or data of most apps. Current OS is android 8.0.0.

What steps do I take to troubleshoot this problem? I would rather not do a factory reset unless there are reasons to believe this is necessary.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 153
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto g6 lagging

Have you tried running the phone in safe mode?  If it doesn't lag in safe mode, it's your apps causing the problem.  Did you recently install something processor-heavy?

jaxgrl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 151
Message 3 of 4

Like I mentioned above, I haven't done any installation recently and I keep lightweight apps installed. I haven't tried running it in safe mode

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 31
Message 4 of 4

Hi jaxgrl,

Please try booting the phone in safe mode observe and see if it will happen there. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let us know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors