Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atomic2110
Blue Screen Again
Views: 490
Message 1 of 10

Moto g6 occasionally lags freezes up very briefly, plus some other minor things

Picked up a g6 a few weeks after release. For a while now, I've been having problems where the the system freezes up while doing almost anything. It lasts only a few seconds but no controls work and button animations often get stuck in the middle of the animation until it finishes its episode. Seems to be aggravated if I am downloading something or using android auto, but it can happen during seemingly easy tasks like scrolling through pages in Chrome. 

Other issues that may be related:

- storage manager loads infinitely unless I clear its data. This only works temporarily. 

- I wasn't able to send texts in one instance unless I cleared the data for the messages app. Clearing just the cache didn't work.

- this may be my provider (Verizon), but the phone will sometimes not receive calls. 

Steps I have taken to fix:

-safe mode didn't have noticeable effect. The freezing issue is hard to reproduce, happens every few minutes if I'm just using Chrome or something.

-clearing app data/cache of big apps and some system apps had no effect, except as described above.

-factory reset without app restore did not fix the issue.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Is this a hardware issue? 

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 441
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto g6 occasionally lags freezes up very briefly, plus some other minor things

Hi atomic2110,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear about the ongoing issues. Let me try to help. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Also, please record a small video showing what you see in Safe Mode. We would like to take a look.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

atomic2112
What's DOS?
Views: 382
Message 3 of 10

Re: Moto g6 occasionally lags freezes up very briefly, plus some other minor things

Hello, same account as above, had trouble accessing the forum account for some reason. 

Anyhow, this profile has the IMEI. Please look into apps to see any issues. 

I'll see about getting a video, but the lagging just seems to be the phone hanging up as if it's opening up a huge file. 

Pogmog
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 4 of 10

I'm having the same issue. I can't remember if it happened before the most recent Android update, but it has definitely been more frequent afterwards.

Geriszonz
What's DOS?
Views: 223
Message 5 of 10

Hi,

I also have problems after installing the latest Android update (PIE) for my G6.

This is my company phone which was absolutely fast, easy to use with clean UI - loved it.

BUT after upgrading to Pie via OTA the phone has become extremely slow, sluggish and GUI/ phone theme is horrible.

Even locking/unlocking the screen takes seconds!!!

On screen navigation, opening / switching apps are lagging and done very slowly.

I wish I could revert back to Oreo somehow...without rooting my device.

As of now, I would rather throw it away to the nearest bush when I have to use it.

I have cleared phone cache from recovery but it did not help.

Will there be a patch to fix performance issues on Android 9 for G6 series?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 185
Message 6 of 10

Hi. 

Sorry about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. We might need Logs/Bug Reports—for which, would like to request you guys to try Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and do not install any apps yet >> Observe and let us know if that helps?

I understand its pain to perform FDR, but this would certainly help us investigate further. If this did not help, do let us know so I can provide you the steps to capture the Bug Report for further assistance.

If it's possible, help us with a sample video showing what you see? We would like to take a look.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 136
Message 7 of 10

Dear Swaraj,

It's Motorola's job to do the testing you suggest. Don't expect your customers to work for free for you. You need to tell us you recognise there are serious bugs with the Pie update and when you plan to fix them (if ever).

Geriszonz
What's DOS?
Views: 85
Message 8 of 10

Hi Swaraj,

No - I cannot do factory reset as I would need to start over and get my phone "company comliant"  and set up Outlook etc. which was a pain in the ass in the first place also.

Not to mention the MFA tools I am using on a daily basis during work.

I really do hope that a major patch is on the way...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 47
Message 9 of 10

Thanks!

Well, this will give us limited results. However, please share us the Bug Report so we can pass along to the team for investigation. 

Here is how to capture the Bug Report;

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 46
Message 10 of 10

Please do not start new threads before searching for existing threads on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. There is already a long discussion on this here, so please post there.
Locking this thread.

Top Kudoed Authors