Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GVirdee
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 1 of 9

Moto g6 phone call speaker delay

Hi,

When I make or receive a phone call, I press the speaker button, but there is a 3-4 second delay before the speaker actually engages.

Is this a fault? Has anyone else experienced this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 272
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto g6 phone call speaker delay

@GVirdee wrote:

Hi,

When I make or receive a phone call, I press the speaker button, but there is a 3-4 second delay before the speaker actually engages.

Is this a fault? Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi GVirdee,

This is odd, can we test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if you see the same?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Highlighted
n0166895
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 3 of 9

Delayed speaker phone

Hi all My speakerphone is showing a delay of 2 seconds. Mega annoying. Is there a fix?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 132
Message 4 of 9

Re: Delayed speaker phone

@n0166895 wrote:
Hi all My speakerphone is showing a delay of 2 seconds. Mega annoying. Is there a fix?

Have you tested in safe mode?

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
n0166895
Fanfold Paper
Views: 130
Message 5 of 9

Yeh problem still there in safe mode 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 124
Message 6 of 9

i misunderstood. I thought there was a timing delay for the entire conversation. 

I am told the delay in switching from ear to speakerphone is normal.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
n0166895
Fanfold Paper
Views: 120
Message 7 of 9

No just the initial part of the use of speakerphone. e.g. when I press speaker phone during conversation it takes 3 seconds to work. Also when my phone rings on loud it takes seconds to kick in otherwise it's quiet. 

Really annoying when using Moto voice as by the time of can hear my phone speak to me the person has hung up, or only half the text message has been read etc

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 65
Message 8 of 9

@n0166895 wrote:

No just the initial part of the use of speakerphone. e.g. when I press speaker phone during conversation it takes 3 seconds to work. Also when my phone rings on loud it takes seconds to kick in otherwise it's quiet. 

Really annoying when using Moto voice as by the time of can hear my phone speak to me the person has hung up, or only half the text message has been read etc

I understand how annoying this can be, n0166895. Please try to clear the data of your Phone app by going to Settings > Apps & Notifications > See all XXX apps installed > Phone > Storage. From there, there's an option to clear the data. After that, restart the device. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

n0166895
Fanfold Paper
Views: 46
Message 9 of 9

Problem still remains. 

YouTube Spotify etc all work fine, just phone calls and Moto voice it reallylly affects for me.

Top Kudoed Authors