Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eatofo
What's DOS?
Views: 6,093
Message 1 of 19

Moto g6 play Internal Storage Issue

I am unable to view my internal device shared storage. I am using 22gb of 32gb but when I click on Internal Shared Storage it just loads and never opens the internal storage so that I can see what is taking up most storage space. I just get the green loading circle. 

I have restarted the phone and force rebooted but that hasn't made any difference. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,912
Message 2 of 19

Re: Moto g6 play Internal Storage Issue

Hi Eatofo,

Thanks for posting, allow us to look into this. Can you please send us a screenshot of what you are seeing whenever you try to open the Internal shared storage? Do you also have an SD card? If possible, kindly remove it first and try to access your Internal storage again. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

mdgeach
Paper Tape
Views: 5,822
Message 3 of 19

I have a 32 GB SD card and have done what you suggested and removed the SD card but then I am not able to see any internal shared storage. Just a blank screen.

Resolved: cleared cache from some of my most frequently used apps and Uninstalled a few more recent apps I find I don't really need. Not sure what the problem was but everything seems ok now.

praveen10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,449
Message 4 of 19

I am also facing same issue on my phone i am not able to load storage screen. Also i don't think it is because of any app because i checked this on the same day i bought it when there was no new app installed. I thought with some future update this may fix but still lersist and after update of Android Pie whole phone is now slow specially default launcher which is taking more than 8 seconds to load icons. 

Ricobraam
What's DOS?
Views: 5,155
Message 5 of 19

great that you found a work around but we're still missing why **Removed** this happens. If one needs to clear storage, one should be able to open the goddaimn storage

SergioPires
What's DOS?
Views: 4,663
Message 6 of 19

I am facing the same, then wiped  cachep along app data and cache, didn't help. 

SmartSnake
Punch Card
Views: 3,254
Message 7 of 19

I came here seeking a solution to the problem.  I performed four runs and it takes far too long for my Moto G6 to display the internal storage. Here are the times from start to completion.

1:33
1:40
1:36
1:40

Rebooting, and clearing system cache does nothing to fix the problem.  I am using only 16 of my 32 Gigs of internal storage and I do not have an SD card.

Scroll down to view the two embedded images.

111.png

222.png

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,213
Message 8 of 19

Hi SmartSnake,

Thank you for reporting, we would like to help. Could you confirm if we are talking about the 'time taken to display the storage on your device'? Are you facing any issues on your device that we can help you with?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
praveen10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,205
Message 9 of 19

Hi!

In my case it never loads the Internal Memory storage whereas if I insert the SD card it read it wothout any issues. FYI as I reported this issue is right from the start when i purchased the device and also issue persists after following various solutions provide by the Motorola team in this forum.

Still issue is unresolved.

Maja4
What's DOS?
Views: 2,922
Message 10 of 19

I have not been able to open and see the storage on my phone ever since I bought it, but didnt mind until I nearly ran out of space and attempted to check it to see which apps took the most space, I can have it open to the loading screen for nearly an hour without it changing whatsoever.

Top Kudoed Authors