Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WagnerWolf
Paper Tape
Views: 1,325
Message 1 of 7

Moto g6 play - Network issues

Hi. I have a new moto g6 play and sometimes the network doesn't work at all. It shows the icon as connected but the internet, sms and phone calls doesn't work until I activate airplane mode or restart. It happens at last 2 times a day. Already changed my sim card for a new one but no results. What could possibly be the problem here?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,248
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto g6 play - Network issues

Hi agnerWolf,

Sorry to hear about this, can we try this; locate settings > network and internet > three dots > reset -- force reboot your device and observe. Let us know how it goes?

Also, just to narrow down could you please confirm if this happens at all the location or any specific location? Have you tried to get in touch with your network provider?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

WagnerWolf
Paper Tape
Views: 1,245
Message 3 of 7

Hello, I did this already and didn't solve the problem. It happens even when I'm at home. It's not a carrier issue, because my wife uses my old g4 play and doesn't have this problem. I switched the positions of my sim cards and put my internet sim on position 2. After this, it didn't happen so far

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,243
Message 4 of 7

@WagnerWolf wrote:

Hello, I did this already and didn't solve the problem. It happens even when I'm at home. It's not a carrier issue, because my wife uses my old g4 play and doesn't have this problem. I switched the positions of my sim cards and put my internet sim on position 2. After this, it didn't happen so far

Glad to see the progress, but that's strange. Do you also have internet access on your first sim too?

-Swaraj

WagnerWolf
Paper Tape
Views: 1,230
Message 5 of 7

I have one sim for everything(internet, sms, make and receive calls, etc) the one I put in slot 2. The other one I use only to receive calls. But I don't think the problem is related to the sim card. Because I changed mine for a new one right after the problems started.

ilya12320
What's DOS?
Views: 269
Message 6 of 7

Just my 2 cents:

I bought my G6 play one week ago and now sending it back.

Network issues: sometimes I got no network at all and a person near me with same Android Version and same Network Provider has full (!) signal. Sometimes I have H+ or LTE network and nevertheless I'm not able to send any whatsapp messages or ping any resource in the internet. Only thing that helps is switching Flight mode on and off again.

GPS issues: sometimes GPS is not able  to fix my position during a complete 20 minute drive through the city. As I recognized only thing that helps is switching off the Location in the Android Settings and switching it on again. After this workaround GPS is fixing my position within few seconds. Next day then I have the same problem.

So the basic function of this phone is not working properpy.

It is (was) my 4th motorola smartphone and I never had such problems before.

servin1
What's DOS?
Views: 100
Message 7 of 7

I have the same problem after the "Android Pie Update" of few days ago.

Note that the same problem disappeared for ever some months ago after un update and now it re-appears after this pdate to Android 9!
Really upset Smiley Frustrated

Top Kudoed Authors