Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 562
Message 31 of 87

Re: Moto g6 speaker not working

@Amisha77 wrote:

I started this forum with the complaint of speaker not working and was required to go to a service centre. I did and got a replacement . Now 14 days later ( today) the exact same problem happens and this time the speaker is completely off. What should I do ? I want a refund and not repair/replacement this time. 

Hi Amisha77,

Sorry to hear about that, please write us at Apsocial@motorola.com and share us your Jobsheet. We would like to investigate this further and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj'

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 556
Message 32 of 87

@Gwentworth wrote:

Well, the speaker just cut out again, and nothing seems to get it to work. Where should I go to get my phone serviced or replaced?

Hello Gwentworth,

Sorry to learn about this, may I know which app it happened to start with? Have you tried force restarting your device if that helps?

We would like to look further into this. Please write us at supportforums@motorola.com for us to further investigate.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto support

nirajns
What's DOS?
Views: 516
Message 33 of 87

I received my Moto G6 on June 28. Since yesterday's (26/07) system update, I am unable to hear anything on the speakers. Either on a call, or on an app like youtube. I am able to hear audio if I plug in my headphones. The micro-phone seems okay.

I did the HW diagonistic check using help, and that too reported that there is a problem with the speakers.

If it is a hardware problem, I would like a replacement, please.

Thanks,

Niraj

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 510
Message 34 of 87

@nirajns wrote:

I received my Moto G6 on June 28. Since yesterday's (26/07) system update, I am unable to hear anything on the speakers. Either on a call, or on an app like youtube. I am able to hear audio if I plug in my headphones. The micro-phone seems okay.

I did the HW diagonistic check using help, and that too reported that there is a problem with the speakers.

If it is a hardware problem, I would like a replacement, please.

Thanks,

Niraj

Hello Niraj,

Thank you for writing to us, sorry to hear about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. If you have already tested in device help app with negative reports then request you to test in safe mode to see if that makes any difference?

If not, performing factory data reset without restoring any apps would be the next step. If this did not help either, then submit for service/exchange/replacement.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

nirajns
What's DOS?
Views: 501
Message 35 of 87

No luck with Safe mode or factory reset. I do not think this is a problem with an app, as it stopped working after the latest update.
nirajns
What's DOS?
Views: 479
Message 36 of 87

My understanding is that this seems to be a common problem and from reading the message boards I do not think Motorola has suggested a workable option yet. 

I tried the solution and work around suggested on the message boards by tying audio channels to mono but that has not help me.

essentially this phone no longer works as a phone but just as an internet device. The only way I can hear something is by connecting to a pair of headphones before I make a call. 

Extremely poor experience with Motorola unfortunately. Despite its other great features, I can't recommend this device to anyone.

Doghouse
Paper Tape
Views: 451
Message 37 of 87

This may not apply to the G6, but: I found this thread because I'm considering upgrading my phone, and wanted to know whether the G6 was prone to this precise problem.

Bottom line - previous Motorola Model G's (such as my 3rd generation) had a fundamental, physical design flaw which sometimes caused precisely this - the speaker going silent. I don't know whether it still holds with the G6, but this thread (and others like it) make it seem highly likely.

As I understand it, the G3 speaker wasn't (and the G6 speakers may not be) hard-wired to the rest of the circuitry; rather, it relied on a couple of contacts on the back of the screen to complete the circuit. For all I know, that's usual smartphone practice - but in the case of the models in question, the result was that pressure in just the right (i.e. wrong) ways, on some phones, could open the contact gap and disconnect the speaker circuit. My G3, for example, would regularly go silent when gripped on the edges by the cradle on my car's dashboard (not exactly useful when you're trying to use it as a sat nav and wanting audio prompts!) It happened so regularly that I stopped using the phone that way.

In my case, pressing carefully on various points on the back of the case eventually fixes it (I put a music track on so that there's something to hear, then push, squeeze and prod until I hear something). And I remember a post from a guy who reckoned he'd sorted it permanently by putting a guitar pick in the case before closing it, just to add a little pressure (I tried something similar with some thin plastic; I haven't had the problem so often, but it has still happened from time to time). Other people reported sorting it by trying to twist the whole body a bit - which seems like as good way as any to break the phone, and I can't recommend, but none the less.

I can't swear that anything of the sort will work for the G6 - but, as I said, I was specifically looking to see whether the problem was still being reported when I found this thread.

If anyone from Lenovo is able to confirm that it's NOT the cause on the G6, and that the design has fundamentally changed, personally I'd be very grateful; I've otherwise been very happy with my G3, and the G6 looks like a good replacement - but I'm not inclined to upgrade to another Motorola if I'm only going to run into the same problem all over again.  

Paper Tape
Views: 399
Message 38 of 87

I have also the same problem
Jeeps8516
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 39 of 87

Same issue. No amount of reboots fixed the issue, and neither did a factory reset. What DID revive the speakers(at least for now) was a slight tap of the top right corner of the phone against my coffee table. I didn't do this out of rage, but rather because I had remembered that the very morning my phone speakers had stopped working, the phone had fallen off my lap while driving, and landed on my handbrake. While this wasn't a hard fall by any stretch of the imagation, it was the only thing I figured could have caused this issue.

That being said, this shows, at least for my case, that there's some sort of loose wireing inside the Moto G6(Play edition is the one I have). For reference, I received the phone Wednesday afternoon, and Friday morning is when the issue occured.

Diptesh2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 243
Message 40 of 87

Dear Swaraj,

Don't you think Moto is actually manufacturing some faulty devices now a days ? Because from this morning I am also facing the same issue and I have tried all that possible trouble shoot methods...that you use to refer everytime... Moreover my device is also in between 60 days . So when the problem is with the hardware...this kind of troubleshoots  are  actually making no sense .

Please do needful to avoid our harrassment...so tht at least we can expect this kind of customer service from moto-lenovo.

One suggestion for you guys..if this trend goes on, I am quite sure Moto is going to lose its huge number customers , as we will think twice before refering anyone to get a Moto device.

Top Kudoed Authors