Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 323
Message 61 of 87

Re: Moto g6 speaker not working

@Kolicharan wrote:

Music on YouTube and wynk was not playing and the phone ring was not working as well. During calls and the time when earphones were plugged in there was no problem. It's only the speaker that's not working. I have tried the device help and online troubleshooting service  as well as the safe mode and that didn't help. Then I  contacted your customer care service and they have instructed some options but still it's not working can u suggest how to resolve this problem

Hi Kolicharan,

Thank you for posting here, we would like to learn more about this? When you say, you have tested in 'Moto help app' may I know what was the result? How frequently do you see this? Have you tested with default music app when you notice this?

Just to narrow down, have you tried performing factory data reset without restoring your device and start fresh?

Best regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

JuliJun
Blue Screen Again
Views: 302
Message 62 of 87

hello, I was speaking in the facebook messenger using the speaker as It just stopped to work. Everyone can hear me, but I can't. The  Reboot didn't help. I can hear in headsets. Let me know if you know that It is a software problem.

Yogesh618
What's DOS?
Views: 284
Message 63 of 87

hi the same problem for me.im expection is a disaster.the motog6 speaker is not working.i also tried the safety mode.many times still the speaker is not working.i can't able to speak will calling to any one.i want to make a replacement.

Edited: Caps!

Yogesh618
What's DOS?
Views: 284
Message 64 of 87

Hi the same problem for me the speaker is not working.its a disater.even I tried the safety mode also.i want a replacement.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 259
Message 65 of 87

@JuliJun wrote:

hello, I was speaking in the facebook messenger using the speaker as It just stopped to work. Everyone can hear me, but I can't. The  Reboot didn't help. I can hear in headsets. Let me know if you know that It is a software problem.

Hi JuliJun,

Please perform clear cache/data on your facebook messenger app > uninstall > re-install and reboot your device. Test and let us know if that helps. Also, have you tested with different third-party apps, if yes— how does that go?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

sidmotouser
Paper Tape
Views: 270
Message 66 of 87

Moto G6 speaker not working

Hello,

My 3 month old Moto G6's speaker stopped working yesterday. Yes I tried safe mode and factory resetting the phone to no avail. I can still listen to music, youtube, calls, etc. using earphones.

I also identified that the problem was resultant due to the phone not identifying if the earphones are taken off. I could confirm this by playing music with earphones on, then taking earphones off. The music still kept playing (although I couldn't hear anything). In the same way, I can hear a call when on speaker mode, but not normally.

Not looking for a solution because Moto representatives in all previous forums failed to address the issue. I am just about to ship the phone to Motorola for a replacement. I had the same issue with my previous phone, Moto G4. Leaving this here so that any prospective buyers of Moto G phones will consider switching to a competitor's phone till Moto acknowledges and fixes the problem.

beth16
What's DOS?
Views: 202
Message 67 of 87

My Moto G6 Play speaker stopped working 45 days after I received it.  I put a large rubber band around the top of the phone and now it works.  

Crazylover
Fanfold Paper
Views: 196
Message 68 of 87

Speaker issue Moto g 6

Having speaker issues suddenly.... It's working when phone is ringing and can even listen to calls in loud speaker mode...

But not working when playing videos ....factory resetted it but nothing works same problem...also in ringtone settings it's working.. media is not in  silent mode and DND is also turned off

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 185
Message 69 of 87

Re: Speaker issue Moto g 6

@Crazylover wrote:

Having speaker issues suddenly.... It's working when phone is ringing and can even listen to calls in loud speaker mode...

But not working when playing videos ....factory resetted it but nothing works same problem...also in ringtone settings it's working.. media is not in  silent mode and DND is also turned off

Hi Crazylover,

Thank you for writing to us, sorry to learn about the ongoing trouble that you have been facing. Can we try a few steps hear; 

• Could you access 'System UI Tuner' to do — pull down the notification bar and long press on the 'gear icon' until you see a pop up that says 'System UI Tuner' is added' once done > locate settings > systems > scroll down > click on status bar > enable 'Headset' > and now connect your device and test?
  • What happens when you plug your headphone— do you see any 'headphone' symbol at the top notification bar?

Also, could you have your device test in Device help/Moto help app > headset and let us know what it shows when you plug in or out?

@Sidmotouser/beth16 —Could please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Crazylover
Fanfold Paper
Views: 173
Message 70 of 87

Re: Speaker issue Moto g 6

I think it has some issue with software it has happened during using MX player ..... Even in total silence mode ....I can listen to videos in MX player through headset.....problem comes after doing so .... And eventually also got fixed after repeating the same.....

Top Kudoed Authors