Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BW71
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 71 of 87

Moto g6 speaker not working

The audio completely cuts out on a daily basis.  The speaker simply stops working.  Videos have no audio.  The ringer doesn't work.  And when I answer a call I can't hear the person on the other end.  I reboot the phone.  It then works again for a few hours until it doesn't.

Dhwani
What's DOS?
Views: 360
Message 72 of 87

Re: Moto g6 speaker not working

Hi Swaraj,

Same issue is been faced by me on Moto G6 mobile, could you help, tried Safe mode and factory reset however nothing worked.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 347
Message 73 of 87

@BW71 wrote:

The audio completely cuts out on a daily basis.  The speaker simply stops working.  Videos have no audio.  The ringer doesn't work.  And when I answer a call I can't hear the person on the other end.  I reboot the phone.  It then works again for a few hours until it doesn't.

Hi BW71,

Thank you for posting, sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. Let me try to help you hear. Just to narrow down—when you say 'videos have no audios' may I know if you are talking about default photos app or a third-party app like youtube? Strange that works on reboots though.

• When you say you can't hear while you answer the call, are we talking about mic not working or when you are on speaker phone it does not work?

Could you also confirm if you have tested your device in safe mode? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 345
Message 74 of 87

@Dhwani wrote:

Hi Swaraj,

Same issue is been faced by me on Moto G6 mobile, could you help, tried Safe mode and factory reset however nothing worked.

Hi Dhwani,

Thank you for writing to us, sorry to hear about the ongoing trouble with your device speaker? If you have already tried performing Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps and yet facing speaker issue. Our suggestion would be to have your device submitted at the nearest service center so that they can diagnose your device and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

BW71
Paper Tape
Views: 338
Message 75 of 87

Hi Swaraj,

Videos in apps like YouTube as well as videos I have taken through the camera all lose sound.  It just cuts off and there is absolutely nothing

As for phone calls, the sound cuts off on both speaker and when the speaker is off (mic?).  Whoever is on the other end of the call can hear me but I can't hear them.

As for SAFE MODE, I have not tried that yet.

I haven't found rhyme or reason for why or when this happens. It's very sporadic.

Thanks for responding.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 299
Message 76 of 87

@BW71 wrote:

Hi Swaraj,

Videos in apps like YouTube as well as videos I have taken through the camera all lose sound.  It just cuts off and there is absolutely nothing

As for phone calls, the sound cuts off on both speaker and when the speaker is off (mic?).  Whoever is on the other end of the call can hear me but I can't hear them.

As for SAFE MODE, I have not tried that yet.

I haven't found rhyme or reason for why or when this happens. It's very sporadic.

Thanks for responding.

Hi BW71,

Thank you for sharing more information, this is odd and hard to replicate or find the root cause as its infrequent. However, please test in safe mode if possible and let us know if you are able to replicate. 

Meanwhile, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

BW71
Paper Tape
Views: 297
Message 77 of 87

Sure, I will update in my profile.

princek001
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 78 of 87

All of sudden phone's speaker stopped working particularly for media.

Seems like this is a well known issue and I should have considered it before buying this Moto g6.

Any solution ?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 231
Message 79 of 87

@BW71 wrote:

Sure, I will update in my profile.

Hi BW71,

Thank you for updating your profile, we are unable to find any information with the help of your IMEI. If the speaker issue still persists and troubling your daily use—request you to submit your device for service, so that the team can further diagnose your device and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

LeDoko
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 80 of 87

Hello,

I have the same issue on my girlfriend phone : no sound on speaker for ringtone, youtube, deezer (to be more precise, we have a small breath sound such as in vinyl record)

The speaker works during boot, in safe mode too

I’ve tried following solutions :

• The settings > accessibility > Audio & on scree text -> mono audio activated solved the problem for one evening
  • Tried to disconnect the bluetooth speaker
  • Tried to Reset wifi, mobile & Bluetooth settings

The phone is a retail one , so with no carrier, and is under Android 8.0.0 - actual version OPP27.91-143 - issued in september

(french version)

The phone is 3 monthes old, and the problem began shortly after its first connection to a bluetooth speaker

This is really annoying as the only way to hear a phone call is its vibrations.

I would be grateful if you can help me concerning this

Top Kudoed Authors