Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarkDay
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,283
Message 101 of 118

Re: Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

Recovery mode just said "no command" and hung there until I rebooted. If your phone is still online, the Google Find Phone and the Phone Erase works very quickly.
Zassy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,279
Message 102 of 118

When you see "no command" screen press on/off and than volume up button. recovery mode menu will show up.

Former Employee
Views: 2,227
Message 103 of 118

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. Appreciate your help Zassy. Let me share the steps below; 

If you have any questions please let us know?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Lenator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,204
Message 104 of 118

Don't know if this is related, but yesterday's update for the Moto G6 also rejected my first PIN after restart. The second time I entered it, all went well. I don't want to backup all my private data to Google, will each further update give me these bizarre thrills from now on?
PizzedCustomer
What's DOS?
Views: 2,120
Message 105 of 118

This is ridulous. Just came back home from vacation. A lot of new pictures were taken during the trip. After coming back home with WIFI access I decided to upgrade my MOTO G6. Now I found this thread full of people suffered like me. I don't use data back up service as I don't trust Google or Microsoft. It seems Lenovo/Moto don't give a sh*t about customer's data and time.

Bengineer
What's DOS?
Views: 2,082
Message 106 of 118

I just rebooted my MOTO G6 Play last night and I have a pin code to bootup (which works fine still) and a Fingerprint unlock which works fine except for the fact that on reboot, android requires me to enter my lockscreen pin one time (which no longer works) as described by everyone in this thread. I am actually astonished that this was reported back in March and the update is still being pushed out. I cannot get my phone unlocked and have very sensitive data on it that I CANNOT just go and factory reset my phone. I have tried many different variables of my pin which did not work along with generic pins like 0000, 1234, 1111, 1, 2, 3, 4, 2222, 0, 3333, etc

This isssue was also reported 3 days ago on Samsung devices after the update: https://www.pcmag.com/news/369523/broken-galaxy-s10-update-requires-factory-reset-to-fix

Is Motorola even attempting to find a solution to this issue? Are you planning on stopping the update rollout? I have 5 more Moto G devices in my home and strongly considering moving away frommy beloved Moto Gs after reading that this issue was reported back in March and the update has still been pushed to devices. 

Please let me know if I can do anything to help debug this issue. 

Very disappointed loyal customer.

Bengineer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,972
Message 107 of 118

QUICK UPDATE: I had airdroid installed on the phone (had to pay for premium to remove the file limits) and was able to copy most of my files but it times out backing up my 42GB of 3 years of photos. Hopefully Google has them backed up. Definitely recommend installing the app and creating an account and register your device(s). I have since factory reset the phone.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,812
Message 108 of 118

Hi Everyone,

We recommend trying the LMSA tool, but adding on that, please note that this using the rescue tool will factory data reset the phone and somehow the same as performing an external reset via recovery mode. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

zio
Paper Tape
Views: 1,744
Message 109 of 118

It’s absolutely unconscionable that an issue, well known in March, still strikes people with updates rolled out end of July!

Either stop rolling out the updates, or fix things.

Luckily for me, my "life" resides on an iPhone XS Max, and I bought the Moto G6 from Google only to activate what back then still was called ProjectFi so I could then move the SIM card to my iPhone.

Still, I maintained the Moto G6 as an emergency back up phone should I lose my iPhone, I also set it up as Navigation system, spending days downloading global maps, so I could use it as a travel phone in areas where I rather have a $200 phone stolen than a $1200 phone.

Even so, I'm looking at several days of work, downloading all my apps, map data, redoing settings and screen layout, etc. That is infuriating enough, but if I had e.g. tons of vacation pictures and other personal, irreplaceable data on the phone, and something like this had happened, I'd be suing. It's actually a miracle, there's no class action lawsuit at this point.

There should be heads rolling in the release engineering department at this point!

NunOfUrBiz
What's DOS?
Views: 1,049
Message 110 of 118

Re: MOTO G6 - Never Set up Password - Asking for a password - Locked out of account

I am beyond upset. First of all I never even created a password so why am I being asked for one???  I cannot afford to do a reset on my phone.  Although many things are saved. There are still many things that are not.  I was a faithful Samsung user for over 20 years, I will never trust this brand again.  I'm going back to Samsung. 

Top Kudoed Authors