Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 91 of 120

Re: Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

2019-07-16, 18:44 PM

Yeah, decided to factory reset it before taking it back to the store. I had to do the Google remote erase. The VolDown+Power and recovery mode came up with "No command" and wouldn't load. 

The hits just keep on coming with this phone. Weee!

And I'm  on Verizon in the US as well.

Options

5 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

69 Page Views

• Message 92 of 120

2019-07-16, 18:47 PM

The link provided doesn't work anymore and Motorola/Lenovo support told me I couldn't back it up. If you've got directions that work, please share them.

Options

2 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 93 of 120

2019-07-16, 21:03 PM

I would love a fix, however, I CANNOT EVEN FACTORY RESET MY PHONE!!!! I have tried, I have selected every option available, but to get to factory reset the phone is impossible for me.

This phone is less than a year old in use. I bought it brand new in December of last year (2018) So this issue is definitely an Android issue. And since Motorola/Lenovo allowed it to be broadcast to their devices, they are also going to be named in the law suit.

Good luck defending against hundreds of angry Americans!!!

Options

4 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 94 of 120

2019-07-16, 21:28 PM

Have not been able to get factory reset to work. I select Factory Resest on the fastboot screen and all thats happening is a regular boot. Just about ready to take an actual boot to this thing and curbstomp it. SO frustrating

Options

23 Posts

05-18-2019

Belgium

53 Signins

231 Page Views

• Views: 231
  • Message 95 of 120

2019-07-16, 22:36 PM

It's not an android issue, but a Motorola issue as there are no problems with a default - non Motorola - android. 

Options

4 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 96 of 120

2019-07-16, 23:49 PM

I've heard this is happening to some people with Samsung devices also.

wrote:

It's not an android issue, but a Motorola issue as there are no problems with a default - non Motorola - android. 

Options

3 Posts

07-17-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 97 of 120

2019-07-17, 1:54 AM

Shame on you Motorola support. I got system update today and I faced the same problem as all this other users have faced since March 2019. If you were aware of this problem than why release this OTA update to other users without fixing the issue first. If this was Apple or Samsung there would have been an uproar. You guys are lucky. I had to reset my phone to get this issue fixed. But it pisses me off that you smart asses knew about this issue with the system updates since March 2019 and you didn't do anything to fix it or stop it from messing any other users phone. You have shown complete disregard to users data and what it means to them. There is no remorse, no acknowledgement. This is a total failure on your part. But guess what these devices don't last forever and we your current customers need to buy new phones some day. We will not forgot this episode. We will respond you with our wallets and our hard earned money. This is the last time you will see me and many other customers like me here buying or recommending anyone we know, a Motorola phone. If this is the kind of support you provide, I will make sure not just me but all the people I know never buys your product. You can fool me once but not twice. Good luck

Options

4 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

58 Page Views

• Message 98 of 120

2019-07-17, 2:16 AM

The hard reset has not been working for me. How did you do it?

Also, well said on all points.

wrote:

Shame on you Motorola support. I got system update today and I faced the same problem as all this other users have faced since March 2019. If you were aware of this problem than why release this OTA update to other users without fixing the issue first. If this was Apple or Samsung there would have been an uproar. You guys are lucky. I had to reset my phone to get this issue fixed. But it pisses me off that you smart asses knew about this issue with the system updates since March 2019 and you didn't do anything to fix it or stop it from messing any other users phone. You have shown complete disregard to users data and what it means to them. There is no remorse, no acknowledgement. This is a total failure on your part. But guess what these devices don't last forever and we your current customers need to buy new phones some day. We will not forgot this episode. We will respond you with our wallets and our hard earned money. This is the last time you will see me and many other customers like me here buying or recommending anyone we know, a Motorola phone. If this is the kind of support you provide, I will make sure not just me but all the people I know never buys your product. You can fool me once but not twice. Good luck

Options

5 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

69 Page Views

• Message 99 of 120

2019-07-17, 2:31 AM
You should be able to use the Google Find Phone option. Erase phone is under that.
Options

3 Posts

07-17-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 100 of 120

2019-07-17, 2:52 AM

Welcome to the Motorola support failure club. Not your fault that you can't find how to reset your phone. That's because the super busy and dedicated Motorola customer support and their technical support team doesn't even have the decency to guide its customer to proper instructions on how to reset the phone when your screen is locked. Here you go: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/moto-g-family/moto-g6/tutorials#/device/motorola/moto-g6/topic/reset/external-reset/5 Mark your post on twitter @MotorolaUS. Make them accountable for their poor support and their mistakes.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms