Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 61 of 120

Re: Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

2019-04-12, 9:38 AM

Hi All,

Sorry about the delay, I understand how frustrating this could be. Please be informed that our team is actively investigating in regards to this. Please allow us sometime, we will get back to with an update once we hear back from our team.

In the meantime, please perform a Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps as requested. I certainly understand this is difficult, but please be advised that this will help us narrow down the issue and assist you accordingly. 

Do let us know if you still notice the issue after performing FDR without restoring any apps. For those who have not updated there IMEI, please update the same. Need help, click here!

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

04-13-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 19
  • Message 62 of 120

2019-04-13, 7:15 AM

my Moto g6 also has the problem with not recognising the swipe pattern since the last system upgrade 2 days ago. Reading back on this forum, this problem was first reported on 23rd March!!!! Has nothing been done since then to fix it??? This is shocking. I cant access anything on my phone. No contact, messages, emails, nothing. WHAT IS BEING DONE TO FIX THIS???

Options

3 Posts

04-13-2019

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Message 63 of 120

2019-04-13, 7:23 AM

Performing a factory reset is NOT a reasonable solution.

if I do this, I lose all my contacts, messages, my diary, photos, the lot!! How can this be the only option you offer us?

also, I believe if I do this I will require a google ID to re-access my phone?

I may have had this in the past but I certainly don't remember what it is, so I'm apparently stuffed on all fronts!

Options

2 Posts

04-05-2019

3 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 64 of 120

2019-04-13, 8:32 AM
Update - gave up and did a full reset and allowed Google to restore my settings. Actually turned out to be less traumatic than feared and the new operating system is very slick. Fortunately, everything except a few videos were backed up so nothing of consequence lost. I am still annoyed that the update was sent out with this fault and no option other than a full reset has yet been identified.
Options

3 Posts

04-08-2019

5 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 65 of 120

2019-04-13, 10:46 AM

A factory reset is an unacceptable solution but it's looking like it's the only solution.  Not happy Motorola.  My very first phone about 20 years ago was a Motorola.  This will be my last Motorola.

Options

8 Posts

03-29-2019

15 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 66 of 120

2019-04-13, 11:10 AM

Did the factory reset. TBH it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. now have full access. all apps downloaded automatically. contacts back. lost pics but thats about it. So no biggie for me. I'll keep the phone as handy back-up. 

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 67 of 120

2019-04-16, 12:26 PM

wrote:

A factory reset is an unacceptable solution but it's looking like it's the only solution.  Not happy Motorola.  My very first phone about 20 years ago was a Motorola.  This will be my last Motorola.

I certainly understand performing Factory Data Reset is a hassle . But that's the quickest way to resolve this as it helps your device settle down and comply with the latest update. This will also improve overall device performance. Sometimes it is always good to perform FDR after a new update to boost the device performance and start fresh.

However, you can take a full back up before proceeding so you would not lose any data and it would hardly take few mints to have your set up back to normal.

Thank you for those who have tried and reported back—glad it's back to normal/working. Appreciate your efforts! For those who have not tried—please perform Factory Data Reset without restore and keep us posted.

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

04-05-2019

Italy

7 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 68 of 120

2019-04-16, 12:38 PM

Dear Agent, your message is just dreadful.

"Factory Data Reset is ... the quickest way to resolve this"... THIS IS APPARENTLY THE ONLY WAY TO RESOLVE THIS - SINCE AT MOTOROLA YOU ARE NOT HELPING AT ALL.

"Sometimes it is always good to perform FDR after a new update to boost the device performance and start fresh" ... I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR SUCH A FRESH START, THIS HAS REALLY MADE MY WEEK.

"You can take a full back up before proceeding" POSSIBILY, YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT: WE CANNOT ACCESS OUR MOBILE!!! NO BACKUP IS POSSIBLE!!!

Options

3 Posts

04-13-2019

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Message 69 of 120

2019-04-16, 12:50 PM

Absolute cop out! A full factory reset is a terrible solution. As the other respondent has said, you are missing the point, WE CANNOT ACCESS THE PHONE TO DO A BACKUP. 

Options

8 Posts

03-29-2019

15 Signins

114 Page Views

• Views: 114
  • Message 70 of 120

2019-04-16, 15:58 PM

Stop moaning you lot and just do a reset. You get two options when doing the reset. Select the lesser of two evils. Once you do it, Googl play store will automatically download all the apps etc. Anyway, I'm out of this thread as bored of the constant notification I get every time someone posts.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)