Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

04-19-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 24
  • Message 71 of 120

Re: Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

2019-04-19, 14:51 PM

@Agent_Swaraj 

Hi Swaraj,

Im having the same issue as everyone else in this thread.  You said - 

"However, you can take a full back up before proceeding so you would not lose any data and it would hardly take few mints to have your set up back to normal." 

Can you point out how to back up all my data before proceding with the Factory Data Reset? I have a lot of data on my phone that I really would not like to loose. 

Cheers,

Lewis

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 72 of 120

2019-04-24, 10:27 AM

wrote:

@Agent_Swaraj 

Hi Swaraj,

Im having the same issue as everyone else in this thread.  You said - 

"However, you can take a full back up before proceeding so you would not lose any data and it would hardly take few mints to have your set up back to normal." 

Can you point out how to back up all my data before proceding with the Factory Data Reset? I have a lot of data on my phone that I really would not like to loose. 

Cheers,

Lewis

Thanks for posting, please click this link for the following steps. Hope this helps! 

https://support.motorola.com/in/en/solution/ms12183

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

1 Posts

05-04-2019

Netherlands

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 73 of 120

2019-05-04, 9:53 AM

I have the same problems with a pattern that is not working anymore after updating to Android 9.

Why is the update still available after all the problems wich are allready known for al long time?

The solution mentioned in this post is no longer available.

Please give me the another link to the right solution.

Options

4 Posts

05-06-2019

Germany

2 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 74 of 120

2019-05-06, 14:32 PM

Hello Moto! … :/

Today I performed this update. Unfortunately I did not trawl the entire internet for possible wort case bugs of Motorola Android Updates. 

I should have: the screen locks and my passcode doesn´t work any more. The major bug has been explained in this thread thoroughly. 

What boggle the mind is the mind blowing incompetency of Motorola / Lenovo here, in regard to this major bug, caused by regular Android update. Complete lack of interest, knowledge or willingness to limit damage for Motorola customers. 

The update that causes this major loss of data on Motorola phones ( And please, Millienials: not everybody stores their personal data with Google & co - so don´t give us the reset-and-replay-from-google-**removed**.) has been around since January, apparently, judging from this thread alone! How is it possible that Motorola / Lenovo just let it sit there, waiting to trash the day (of update) for hundreds of customers (or more), each day?! 

A hard reset that loses all data on the phone is not acceptable, Motorola!

If you don not come up with a sulution (you can not even link to valid pages, as it seems - how disinteretest can you be, Motorola?!), I demand a full refund for this phone. Apparently this phone is trash, when exposed to a Motorola Android 9 update. Not only that, but Motorola exposes customers knowingly to a full scale loss of personal data, stored on the phone. I call this a full breach of trust and common law. Thus, if you, Motorola / Lenovo, can not fix this issue without a complete loss of personal data, in addition to a full refund for this phone, I demand a reparation for the lost data and the time I (and others) need to spend to investigate a solution to the problem. 

The behaviour of Motorola / Lenovo is exceedingly outraging, in it´s blatant demonstrion of customer-neglectiong and arrogance, paired with technical incompetence of the Motorola support forum staff.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language

Options

4 Posts

05-06-2019

Germany

2 Signins

59 Page Views

• Message 75 of 120

2019-05-06, 14:36 PM
No, it does not. The links doesn´t work and the other one is a Verizon article that has a meaningless description. Please post a valid solution!
Options

4 Posts

05-06-2019

Germany

2 Signins

59 Page Views

• Message 76 of 120

2019-05-06, 14:44 PM

@ Motorola / Lenovo: There might be a hard coded pin passcode, set by the "update". Please investigate with the developers, as to whether there is such and what exactly the code is.

Options

1 Posts

05-09-2019

Germany

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 77 of 120

Re: Update to Pie Password

2019-05-09, 16:26 PM

I have excactly the same problem! After the update to PIE the screen can't be unlocked any more. I am sure that the pin is the correct one!

With google device manager lock/unlock is also not possible. Any ideas for help? Many thanks!

Options

1 Posts

05-10-2019

Belgium

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 78 of 120

2019-05-10, 17:34 PM

I have the same problem and i must say that i’m quite pissed off about this.

I’m pissed because I understand that even if they bring out some kind of fix, I wouldn’t be able to download it because i can’t unlock my phone. I’m pissed that i will never see my personal data ever again because of a stupid update.

My conclusion is that i’m pissed and that i’ll keep saying that i’m pissed off.

I’m just soooo fricking pissed goddammit.

Options

1 Posts

05-12-2019

India

1 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 79 of 120

2019-05-12, 4:58 AM

I’m having the problem as everyone else in this thread. The pin stopped working after the latest update 

Options

2 Posts

05-21-2019

Australia

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 80 of 120

2019-05-21, 12:53 PM

I purchased my G6 Play phone 3 days ago and last night finally completed updating app accesses etc. Today my phone was rendered useless as a result of this "upgrade" (there's an oxymoron for you!). Fortunately I had done a full backup of my old Moto G and have not been TOO inconvenienced. With the completion of the restore I am now looking at an Andriod "Install security update" screen. Cold sweat time.... Fair dinkum though how could a release of software be released with such a basic bug - beggars belief!!! AND is a perfect example of the contempt we, those parting with our hard earned, are held in these days....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms