Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-24-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 6
  • Message 81 of 120

Re: Moto g6 upgrade to android 9 screen pin changed

2019-05-24, 10:54 AM

Woke today to find my Moto g6 play would not proceed to my home screen after inputting my screen lock number. The phone was caught in a loop, after I put in the correct screen lock code the phone would return me to the screen lock. If I put in the wrong screen lock code it would show, so no issues that the screen lock had changed / I'd forgotten the screen lock code.

SOLUTION. Fortunately for me, simply holding the power on button in for several seconds until the phone rebooted has solved the problem. Try the easy stuff first !

Options

1 Posts

05-26-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

36 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 36
  • Message 82 of 120

2019-05-26, 17:37 PM

Did anyone get a solution. I've just done a system upgrade and now have same problem. Ist request for PIN works fine then asks a second time for PIN to unlock the fingerprint and then just says wrong PIN. What's the solution please?

Options

2 Posts

05-21-2019

Australia

3 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 83 of 120

2019-05-28, 10:58 AM

Hi Judy - would seem factory reset is the only way - farcical this bug could get out and still be out clobbering users! Disregard Tony282 as his problem did not appear to relate to the access to the fingerprint recognition after the Android 9 upgrade. 

Options

1 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 84 of 120

2019-07-16, 2:01 AM

I just updated to Pie and the phone won't take my pin. What the heck is the solution? How do I do a factory reset if I can't get into the phone?

Options

5 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 85 of 120

2019-07-16, 3:23 AM

How is this still an issue 4 months later? If you've known about it this long how is that upgrade still available?

Just happened to my wife's [G6] phone. I'd talked her into a Motorola since I haven't had any issues with mine. Guess who's in the doghouse for recommending Motorola.  

Called support and the first thing they said was factory reset. Nothing else tried, no way to back up anything, no password reset, just we know it's so bad we're going straight to wiping the phone.

Options

4 Posts

05-06-2019

Germany

2 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 86 of 120

2019-07-16, 8:53 AM

Unbelievable - that Motorola shows such blatant disrespect to their customers! I have had this issue months ago - and still the same bug is being rolled out straight into customers phones.

Ever since this bug killed all of my "non-Google-backed-up" personal data, I have been in a bizarre fight with Motorola - or should I say their outsourced incompetent call centers?

To all victims of this Motorola bug: Demand a refund for your phone! While the refund has been constantly denied, after a couple of aggressive email exchanges, Motorola agreed to send me a replacement phone. My G6 was replaced by used G7. When I replied and complained that they shouldn´t replace my newly purchased G6 (I only trust it because the Motorola secruity label was unbroken) with a used replacement phone, they snitched: "Nobody promised you a new phone." Etc. So they sent me a phone, full of fingerprints, package opened and the screen with screen protection that had so many bubbles that you wonder who is working in their outsourced repair centers. When I complained about this, they send me a whole range of irrelevant collection of text blocks from their word processing app. They evene made me send in a complaint letter to UK address. Just for that the complaint was simply handled by the very same callcenter that stuffed up in the first place. Finally, they offered me an "upgrade" to a G7 Plus. Again, used, opened, manipulated, maybe. I said thanks, but please make sure its new, unopened. They said, oh no, the repair center must "make sure" its working (a new phone!) - so they have to open and manipulate it. Ever since that offer was made, I have not received the promised label for return, nor the promised replacement phone.

The whole story now drags on for over 2 months! And I can´t use my phone - because of Motorola behaving like pre-school bully.

Options

1 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 87 of 120

2019-07-16, 10:19 AM

I made an account at 5 AM just to post this and tell you it's ridiculous that you have not found a solution for this in 4 months, this will be my last Motorola phone. Thanks a lot Lenovo.

Options

2 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 88 of 120

2019-07-16, 12:28 PM

Ok all, this happened to me today, July 16th, 2019

I will be filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of Lenovo and Motorola users who were issued an update alert by Lenovo and Motorola to upgrade to Android 9.  

Any one with me?

Lenovo, Motorola, and Android will all be named in the suit.  

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 89 of 120

2019-07-16, 14:22 PM

Hi All.

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue, we would like to help. This is unusual, we understand, unfortunately, the only option is to perform Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps. However, we can try LMSA to see if that helps?

Lets put the device in Fast Boot Mode > try LMSA > Rescue option and observe. Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

4 Posts

07-16-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 90 of 120

2019-07-16, 17:34 PM

Yup, MONTHS LATER this is still an issue. Just happened to me this morning. I wish I had looked into the update before doing it like I actually usually do. 

Created an account just to post this.

WHY ARE YOU STILL ROLLING OUT THIS UPDATE KNOWING IT IS BUGGED?!

I'm going to suck it up and do the reset. Not happy about it though. 

Also I saw a comment saying this was an EU issue- I'll point out I'm from the US. Y'all must've gotten the update first, so the question remains: WHY ARE YOU STILL ROLLING OUT THIS UPDATE KNOWING IT IS BUGGED?! 

Stop the nonsense.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms