Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ellenkforster
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 1 of 6

Motorola G6 play restarting

Hey everyone I purchased a Motorola G6 Play two months ago from Amazon UK. Shortly after we left to travel SE Asia so sending back to Amazon isn't really possible for me at the moment!! I've had nothing but problems since purchasing with the phone restarting all the time.. double SIM doesn't work (part of reason why I bought it so I could use foreign SIM and home sim at same time). If a have two SIM card in, the phone restarts every 30 minutes or so.

I've disabled the Google App as I read somewhere that could be the profile and it did work for a while and we stopped spontaneously restarting until I did the recent Android Update and now it's back up to its old tricks. I'm gutted as I bought this new for my travels after reading good reviews but it's a nightmare to find it constantly restarting / turning off. any ideas? I'm not techy so ideas would be much appreciated. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 432
Message 2 of 6

Re: Motorola G6 play restarting

Hello Ellenkforster,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue, can we quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if you are able to replicate?

Meanwhile, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Ellenkforster
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 3 of 6

Hi Swaraj

I have updated my profile and am currently running the device in safe mode. I am pretty sure NotoroMo Privacy is turned on also. Let me know what I need to do next. Thanks. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 402
Message 4 of 6

@Ellenkforster wrote:

Hi Swaraj

I have updated my profile and am currently running the device in safe mode. I am pretty sure NotoroMo Privacy is turned on also. Let me know what I need to do next. Thanks. 

Thank you for updating your profile, may I know if you are able to replicate in safe mode? Meanwhile, let me take a look and get back to you.

Regards,

Swaraj

Ellenkforster
Paper Tape
Views: 394
Message 5 of 6

Thanks. Sorry what do you mean by replicate? I have had on safe mode all day and no problems so looks like it might be an app problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 390
Message 6 of 6

@Ellenkforster wrote:

Thanks. Sorry what do you mean by replicate? I have had on safe mode all day and no problems so looks like it might be an app problem.

Thank you for replying, I was hoping it be an app issue at this point. Glad to know that your phone did not restart in safe mode, which redirects it be an app issue. You can certainly try to perform wipe cache partition or find the app and uninstall from your device and observe. You might have to start with the recent apps you have downloaded.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors