Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dandotexe
Paper Tape
Views: 206
Message 1 of 12

Motorola G6Plus Camera Black Screen

I tried rebooting into safe mode, pressing the camera just in case the glue came off, disabling and force stopping the camera but the Camera just doesn't work. It showsa black screen.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 160
Message 2 of 12

Re: Motorola G6Plus Camera Black Screen

Hi Dandotexe!

Thank you for reaching out to us, we are here to help you. When did you start to notice this? Have you also tried clearing the cache and data of the Camera app? You can perform this by going to Settings > Apps and Notifications > App Info > Camera > Storage and tap Clear Data. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Dandotexe
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 3 of 12

Yeah! Have done that as it was recommended on by other users. Although I woukd confess I dropped my phone once but I had my back cover on.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 130
Message 4 of 12

Hi, Dandotexe!

Thank you for your honesty. We can consider that as one of the factors that might cause this but let us try other troubleshooting steps to fix your device. Please make sure that your Camera app and your phone's software is up to date. Have you had a chance to test the camera using a third-party Camera app to see if the same concern persist?

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Dandotexe
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 5 of 12

Yes, I used WhatsApp and Instagram and they showed tge message " Error starring the camera. Restarting your phone could solve this ". Not only this I also installed a third party camera application to test but it showed " Camera failed to start "
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 108
Message 6 of 12

I appreciate you trying that. In this case, our next step now is to perform a factory data reset. Before proceeding, make sure to back up your files first as this will delete all the information on your phone. Please remove your Google account as well before proceeding with this step to avoid activating the Google Protection Lock feature on the device. Kindly follow these steps to do the reset:

1. Go to Settings

2. Scroll down and touch Backup & reset

Note: Please unselect the Automatic restore option.

3. Touch Factory Data Reset

4. Touch Reset Phone

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Dandotexe
Paper Tape
Views: 98
Message 7 of 12

I reset all of my app preferences before factory resetting this is what showed up.
https://m.imgur.com/VMTptgl
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 78
Message 8 of 12

Hi Dandotexe,

I appreciate the photo. Were you able to try performing a factory reset on the device? 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Dandotexe
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 9 of 12

I was waiting for a response from the above update... Will do it once I back-up all of my data
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 52
Message 10 of 12

@Dandotexe wrote:
I was waiting for a response from the above update... Will do it once I back-up all of my data

I understand. Please let us know if performing a factory reset will help. We are always here to assist you.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors