Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thorgas
Paper Tape
Views: 287
Message 1 of 7

My Moto G6 reboots often

Hi together,

I have a Moto G6 since a few weeks. Unfortunatelly I have suspicious reboots from time to time.

The reboot is caused by a kernel panic:

2019-02-21 21:48:22 KERNEL_PANIC (compressed text, 25708 bytes)

Can someone check by report and look which app/setting causes the reboot? This bug is indeed a subject to be fixed.

Here is my dump.

Best

Norman

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 219
Message 2 of 7

Re: My Moto G6 reboots often

Hi Thorgas,

Thank you for reaching out and for the details. I can understand how annoying this must be, allow us to look into this. Have you done some troubleshooting steps to fix this? Does it happen on a specific app or battery percentage?

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Thorgas
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 3 of 7

Hi Agent May,

thank you for your response.

Maybe some more information:

It happend the first time during setup of the phone, but then some weeks not, so everything was ok from my side. Then it happend multiple times in just a few days. 

Have you done some troubleshooting steps to fix this?

After it happend more often I deinstalled the last apps I installed, which indeed improved it, but maybe it's just because I reduced the usage of the phone, I don't know.

Does it happen on a specific app or battery percentage?

Good question, for my point of view there is no pattern when it happens. I had it two times directly after booting when entering the SIM pin and I think two or more times after waking up the device.

I bet these problems have something to do with the network provider. I use a german phone and O2 network from the provider 'Drillisch'. As a SW engineer, I am very technophile so don't hasitate to give me instructions to create better dumps/logs. I'll have a look on the battery level when it happens.

Whould be nice if we can find something, I like the phone, especially the battery power.

Best

Thorgas

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 192
Message 4 of 7

I appreciate the additional info, Thorgas. It would be great if we can find something that may have caused this. Let's try to boot your device in Safe Mode then. It will temporarily disable your third-party apps so we can check whether that is what causing the concern.

To Enable Safe Mode:
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
3. Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears.
4. The phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner.
5. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is causing the problem.
6. Restart the device to get out of safe mode and uninstall any recently installed applications.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Thorgas
Paper Tape
Views: 146
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Agent May, I tried this and it directly crashed one time after startup, after this no more crashes appeared in safe mode, but I only tried it some hours.

The crashs are now more frequently and I think I have to replace the phone if we can't find a solution here.

Two more notes: I recognized that before the crash appears I have a few seconds a freeze of the phone and second I have a logcat trace of the reboot.

Could you please check the logcat trace, maybe we can identify the problematic app or reason.

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 142
Message 6 of 7

Hi Thorgas,

I appreciate you trying that. Just to make sure, do you experience the same concern while you are in Safe Mode? Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Thorgas
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 7 of 7

I updated my profile, feel free to explore my apps and usage.

Top Kudoed Authors