cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meldrumgraham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 626
Message 1 of 7

My moto G6 screen problems. The middle of the screen seems active;activates numbers , opens apps etc

Former Employee
Views: 581
Message 2 of 7

Re: My moto G6 screen problems. The middle of the screen seems active;activates numbers , opens apps

Hi Meldrumgraham,

Thank you for reporting to us, could you elaborate more on this? Does this happen when you actively using your device? From when are you noticing this? Can we quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Do you have enough space on your device? Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Meldrumgraham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 572
Message 3 of 7

Re: My moto G6 screen problems. The middle of the screen seems active;activates numbers , opens apps

Hi Swaraj,

What was happening when newly active.

initially on entering pin the 1,2 3 buttons would press rapidly by themselves. When eventually I would get on, the screen would swipe by itself or screens trembling and apps would open by themselves.

I tried Factory resets and safe mode but problem persisted.

Then I looked at your advice.

I stayed in safe mode and noticed everything was fine. I noted plenty of space. Also system updates were up to date. then I took off my two most recent apps. 

On going back into normal mode the problem seems resolved for a few moments then starts again with screens trembling and apps opening.

Then a few moments later when I check everything Okay. Thus seems sporadic problem now.

Graham

Former Employee
Views: 560
Message 4 of 7

@Meldrumgraham wrote:

Hi Swaraj,

What was happening when newly active.

initially on entering pin the 1,2 3 buttons would press rapidly by themselves. When eventually I would get on, the screen would swipe by itself or screens trembling and apps would open by themselves.

I tried Factory resets and safe mode but problem persisted.

Then I looked at your advice.

I stayed in safe mode and noticed everything was fine. I noted plenty of space. Also system updates were up to date. then I took off my two most recent apps. 

On going back into normal mode the problem seems resolved for a few moments then starts again with screens trembling and apps opening.

Then a few moments later when I check everything Okay. Thus seems sporadic problem now.

Graham

Thank you for testing, appreciate your efforts on this. As you have already tested in Safe Mode and did not find the issue— I personally feel this is something related to the third-party app. 

Can you have your device in Safe Mode for a bit longer time and test again— If you notice the troubling screen, you can record a small video and share with us for us to take a look.

• Also, could you confirm if you are using any screen protector on your device?

Regards,
Swaraj 

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Meldrumgraham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 542
Message 5 of 7

Hi Swaraj,

It is still sporadically happening. I have no screen protector fitted but there is a half case that the  phone sits in.

I will video the next event but it means I have to be near another person with another phone to video it. Unless there is a way for the Motorola to do it. When there is a episode it is hard to get the phone to do what you want as the screen trembles, or apps open or numbers are pressed rapidly.

Graham

Former Employee
Views: 529
Message 6 of 7

@Meldrumgraham wrote:

Hi Swaraj,

It is still sporadically happening. I have no screen protector fitted but there is a half case that the  phone sits in.

I will video the next event but it means I have to be near another person with another phone to video it. Unless there is a way for the Motorola to do it. When there is a episode it is hard to get the phone to do what you want as the screen trembles, or apps open or numbers are pressed rapidly.

Graham

I certainly understand, but as you had confirmed that you do not see when you are in a Safe Mode that points towards app issue. Try removing recent apps that you have downloaded to see if that helps. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Sharique01
Blue Screen Again
Views: 357
Message 7 of 7

I purchased Moto G6 plus just 15 days ago. The display started showing problems, it thought this might be due to swtiching from AMOLED to Lcd, but I discovered now, it's a bug. 

The screen responces sometime and sometimes doesn't. Even while writing this screen tap gets double. I think this is a manufacturing fault. 

I use Motorola since 9 years, never has such quality issue.

It feels bad , when this is happing with a brand new phone.

Top Kudoed Authors