Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blkriv
What's DOS?
Views: 5,517
Message 1 of 16

No WiFi calling option in Network & internet - Moto G6

Just bought Moto G6 and in the SETTINGS  to NETWORK & INTERNET dropdown, there is no wifi calling switch option as shown in the turoria...My listings go from WIFT to MOBILE NETWORK..Any help appreciated..

Ilanor
Paper Tape
Views: 5,439
Message 2 of 16

Re: NO WIFI CALLING OPTION IN NETWORK & INTERNET

Hello. The option is located in phone app/settings/calls.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,349
Message 3 of 16

Re: No wifi calling option in network & internet -Edited for Caps.

@blkriv wrote:

Just bought Moto G6 and in the SETTINGS  to NETWORK & INTERNET dropdown, there is no wifi calling switch option as shown in the turoria...My listings go from WIFT to MOBILE NETWORK..Any help appreciated..

Hi blkriv,

Thank you for writing to us, may I know which carrier are we talking about? @Ilanor Thank you for assisting.

Regards,

Swaraj

Keason
What's DOS?
Views: 4,467
Message 4 of 16

Re: No wifi calling option in network & internet -Edited for Caps.

I have the same problem. Bought the phone unlocked through Best buy and doesn't have the option anywhere on it. Thought this phone was WiFi calling enabled one of the reasons why I bought it
sobjw
Paper Tape
Views: 4,462
Message 5 of 16

Re: NO WIFI CALLING OPTION IN NETWORK & INTERNET

Not an option on my phone, carrier is Ting.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,369
Message 6 of 16

No WiFi calling option in Network & internet - Moto G6

@sobjw wrote:

Not an option on my phone, carrier is Ting.

Hi sobjw,

Please check your Mobile Networks settings for a Wi-Fi calling option, generally, these are a carrier related, you can get in touch with your respected carrier Ting to check if they support Wi-Fi calling? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

creddy3
What's DOS?
Views: 3,630
Message 7 of 16

Re: No WiFi calling option in Network & internet - Moto G6

The AT&T and Verizon support the Wi-Fi calling in USA. Motor G6 bought from them has Wi-Fi calling feature.

But the unlocked Moto G6 bought from other retailers doesn't have Wi-Fi calling software in it. Can you please send a software patch to enable Wi-Fi calling. 

If you can't we may have to RETURN the opened phone to the retailer.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,515
Message 8 of 16

@creddy3 wrote:

The AT&T and Verizon support the Wi-Fi calling in USA. Motor G6 bought from them has Wi-Fi calling feature.

But the unlocked Moto G6 bought from other retailers doesn't have Wi-Fi calling software in it. Can you please send a software patch to enable Wi-Fi calling. 

If you can't we may have to RETURN the opened phone to the retailer.

The unlocked phone that is not carrier branded, unlocked or not, will not support wifi calling.  For example, my Moto X Force Droid that supported wifi calling on Verizon (branded Verizon) no longer supports wifi calling on T-Mobile.

These are carrier decisions, not Moto decisions.  I don't like it, but I can't change it.  

creddy3
What's DOS?
Views: 3,292
Message 9 of 16

Can you please put the wi-fi calling software in the unlocked phones. We will request the Verizon and/or AT&T to support the wi-fi calling on them.

I may be asking for a lot, is it possible to provide carrier specific patch on unlocked phones?

Mcalandra
What's DOS?
Views: 3,271
Message 10 of 16

I just purchased a moto g6 64gb unlocked phone from bestbuy. I went to cricket wireless before the purchase they sell the 32gb version and it supports wifi calling. The 64gb version doesn't have wifi calling. Why? I call cricket and they support it. They said to contact you. I asked before I purchased the phone and bestbuy said yes it does support wifi calling. What is the deal with this. Same phone with less storage can use it but the 64gb version can't. I fully updated the phone before posting this so I don't believe that is the problem. I will need to return this phone as I don't have good cell coverage at my home and have always used wifi calling for this reason. Please tell me there is an update to something that can be done.

Top Kudoed Authors