Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 901
Message 11 of 16

Re: No WiFi calling option in Network & internet - Moto G6

@creddy3 wrote:

Can you please put the wi-fi calling software in the unlocked phones. We will request the Verizon and/or AT&T to support the wi-fi calling on them.

I may be asking for a lot, is it possible to provide carrier specific patch on unlocked phones?

Let's try this again.  If wifi calling is carrier specific, and your phone is not carrier branded, in most instances , wifi calling will not work.  Moto cannot modify the software that has been agreed to by the carrier on a device that bears their name, too.

Mcalandra
What's DOS?
Views: 896
Message 12 of 16

let's try this again...really don't be rude. I bought this phone yesterday. And I bought it from Best buy with a $50 discount if I bought a cricket sim card with it. If your info is correct why offer the discount and sell me a phone with limited functions. I will include the link to Best buy. If that is the case then Motorola and cricket need to fix they way they setup a deal. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-g6-with-64gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/6307250.p?s...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 885
Message 13 of 16

@Mcalandra wrote:

let's try this again...really don't be rude. I bought this phone yesterday. And I bought it from Best buy with a $50 discount if I bought a cricket sim card with it. If your info is correct why offer the discount and sell me a phone with limited functions. I will include the link to Best buy. If that is the case then Motorola and cricket need to fix they way they setup a deal. 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-g6-with-64gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/6307250.p?s...

And again...

I'm not being rude.  In fact, I wish I was wrong.  There's nothing in Best Buy's ad image that says anything about wifi calling with Cricket or any other carrier.  All BB is doing is pushing Cricket.  

If there's something on the product page that points out wifi calling on Cricket, please point it out to me (not being sarcastic, just can't find anything).

WKD4IT
What's DOS?
Views: 261
Message 14 of 16

We bought a Samsung S9 and a MotoG6 from Best Buy. Originally the S9 was on Straight Talk and NO wifi calling, then I got ATT Postpaid and still no wifi calling. Yesterday I got Verizon and bam I have wifi calling on the S9. The MotoG6 was originally on ATT Prepaid and no wi-fi calling with so went to Verizon. Thinking since the S9 now works the MotoG6 would but still no wifi calling. Is there a way to find out if this MotoG6 us even capable and if it is with what carrier?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 246
Message 15 of 16

@WKD4IT wrote:

We bought a Samsung S9 and a MotoG6 from Best Buy. Originally the S9 was on Straight Talk and NO wifi calling, then I got ATT Postpaid and still no wifi calling. Yesterday I got Verizon and bam I have wifi calling on the S9. The MotoG6 was originally on ATT Prepaid and no wi-fi calling with so went to Verizon. Thinking since the S9 now works the MotoG6 would but still no wifi calling. Is there a way to find out if this MotoG6 us even capable and if it is with what carrier?

I can't say if there's customization in the Samsung build that enables wifi calling, or perhaps Samsung and Verizon have their own deal.  I can say that Verizon, in particular, is stingy with enabling special features on devices that do not bear the Verizon brand.  Others in here have complained that the G6 doesn't work for wifi calling on a phone on the Verizon network, but without a Verizon SIM.  I have a Z Force Droid on T-Mobile and every time I boot the phone, it complains that it can't find a Verizon SIM.

This is NOT the fault of the phone.  It's all in Verizon's nasty little hands.  Great network.  Lousy customer support.

WKD4IT
What's DOS?
Views: 212
Message 16 of 16

It is a Verizon SIM, they say wi-fi calling is supported but this particular MotoG6 doesn't seem to have it. Could it be a problem with the phone>

Top Kudoed Authors