cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catcain
Paper Tape
Views: 4,955
Message 1 of 41

No voicemail icon or speakerphone on G6??

Just bought the Moto G6...got it unlocked, then set it up with my existing Sprint account. However, there's no voicemail icon, nor can I find any icon to allow hands free talking on the phone app. Is there a fix for this, or are these features this phone doesn't have?? HELP!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,826
Message 2 of 41

Re: No voicemail icon or speakerphone on G6??

@Catcain wrote:

Just bought the Moto G6...got it unlocked, then set it up with my existing Sprint account. However, there's no voicemail icon, nor can I find any icon to allow hands free talking on the phone app. Is there a fix for this, or are these features this phone doesn't have?? HELP!!

Thank you for writing to us, can we try this -- go on a call and turn your speaker and let us know what it shows. Also, please share us the screenshot.

For the voicemail: Please call your self and leave a voicemail and let us know what you see. Also, share us the screenshot.

Kindy, update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

GirlinOz
Paper Tape
Views: 4,764
Message 3 of 41

I am having the same problem (no voicemail icon) on Sprint.  Notifications is showing enabled but I do not get them.  I have a new Moto G6 64 (Prime Day Edition) and I am ready to send it back unless I can get the icon to show when I have voicemails.  Could you send specific instructions on how to resolve this issue.  I do not know what the IMEI is that you referred to in a previous post.  Thank you so much.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,761
Message 4 of 41

@GirlinOz wrote:

I am having the same problem (no voicemail icon) on Sprint.  Notifications is showing enabled but I do not get them.  I have a new Moto G6 64 (Prime Day Edition) and I am ready to send it back unless I can get the icon to show when I have voicemails.  Could you send specific instructions on how to resolve this issue.  I do not know what the IMEI is that you referred to in a previous post.  Thank you so much.

Hello GirlinOz,

Thank you for writing to us, could you try the above steps and share us few screenshots? Regarding IMEI, every phone or Mobile Broadband device has a unique 15 digit code, called an IMEI number. You can find your IMEI in the following ways: by entering *#06# on your phone's call screen. Or you can look in 'device help app/Invoice copy. 

Please update your profile and do let us know if you have any questions?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

swolf76
Paper Tape
Views: 4,426
Message 5 of 41

Hello. I have been having the same problem. I purchased my Moto G6 a few days ago. Sprint is my carrier. There is no notification the appears when I have a new voicemail. I have tried to update my PRL, network settings, and the other steps outlined above. Please help I or I will have to return my phone. Thank you.

Lutzymindless3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,226
Message 6 of 41

All, I am new to this forum/community. This is also my first experience with a Motorola phone. I am having the same exact issue as outlined. I bought an unlocked Moto G6 from Ting activating as CDMA on one of their sim cards. I have no VM icon or alert despite setting it up as such. I worked with Ting for a few hours to no avail. This seems to be a pretty common problem but I have not seen a singular solution to this point. Help! JL

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,219
Message 7 of 41

Hi Lutzymindless3,

Thank you for reporting, may we know if you have tried this. Please share us more information.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Lutzymindless3
Paper Tape
Views: 4,200
Message 8 of 41

I have left myself a VM many times. Nothing shows. No icon and no notification. As far as making a call and having the speaker on please see attached. This is what I am seeing. I also updated my profile here to show my IMEI but Ting is not listed as a carrier option. JL

dcpub
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,165
Message 9 of 41

Hi,

I also have this issue.  I have updated my IMEI # in the profile.

So, this is what I have been though:

Carrier: Sprint though Ting.com

Multiple changes / suggestions from Ting help: no help

Getting invalid SIM card message when updating for instance PRL: New SIM card (CDMA) from Ting: no help, still invalid SIM card message - might be unrelated but some added info

Voicemail notifications on

No voicemail indicator at all when calling and leaving a voicemail

Normal call to cell number to get voicemails works.

Everything other than this works fine.

Thanks

dcpub
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,129
Message 10 of 41

So nothing investigated/resolved on this? Any additional info needed?
Top Kudoed Authors