cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcpub
Fanfold Paper
Views: 607
Message 31 of 41

Re: No voicemail icon or speakerphone on G6??

No, nothing listed.  There is a My Sprint app listed but that is all.

A_Canadian_Guy
What's DOS?
Views: 548
Message 32 of 41

For those who want to try, the Sprint Voicemail App is available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sprint.vvm&hl=en Also, I know for a fact that Ting runs on GSM as well, so maybe those of you having trouble with Sprint's CDMA should switch to Ting GSM instead? There's a map available at https://ting.com/coverage that tells you what the GSM service is like for any address you put in.
cgsmith
Paper Tape
Views: 530
Message 33 of 41

Thanks for posting the link. This says it is incompatible with the Moto G6 Play. Ting recommended that I switch to GSM if possible. CDMA coverage is pretty bad around here and GSM activation didnt work at my house last time. I'm just going to switch carriers and phones.

This issue has gone on without a fix too long. Motorola, it would be beneficial to validate and QA the voicemail notification function if possible.

dcpub
Fanfold Paper
Views: 518
Message 34 of 41

I've already posted that the app is incompatible with this phone.  And that Ting wanted me to switch to GSM.  Another unacceptable alternative.  I agree, this has gone on for far to long.  I always have to make sure that I manually check my voicemail box for missed calls.  Not acceptable.  As I have said before, I've missed voicemails because of this.

NormR
What's DOS?
Views: 446
Message 35 of 41

Try this, settings, system, reset, network settings reset. Then power off and back on. 

My phone is on Republic Wireless which is using Sprint. 

cgsmith
Paper Tape
Views: 431
Message 36 of 41

I switched from Ting to Verizon and am having zero issues now. 

dcpub
Fanfold Paper
Views: 328
Message 37 of 41

I finally decided to switch to GSM on Ting and that fixed the voicemail notifications.  However, Visual Voicemail still does not work.  I get "Can't activate visual voicemail" when clicking on the phone --> Voicemail.  I have already setup the voicemail and activated it.  Calling info voicemail works fine.  Amazing.  I get half the problem fixed by switching to GSM.  And I tried the T-Mobile voicemail app and it will not function on the G6 phone.  I'm giving up.  At least I get voicemail notifications now.

ting_user
What's DOS?
Views: 276
Message 38 of 41

Exact same situation.  Worked in circles with Ting. GSM coverage is a little dicey so not sure that's an option f

or me.

I can install the Sprint visual voicemail app but it does nothing.

I can't beleive that Sprint/Moto can't get this fixed..

acoyle
Paper Tape
Views: 250
Message 39 of 41

I have the same problem, con not see the voice mail icon.  the notifications are turned on in the voice mail section of the  phone.

Daaave
What's DOS?
Views: 128
Message 40 of 41

Also seeing this issue, no VM icon, sprint VVM app does nothing.    Been two months now, any progress on this?

Top Kudoed Authors