Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-05-2018

US

9 Signins

501 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎08-05-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 501
  • Message 1 of 9

Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2018-08-05, 21:52 PM

Hi. Good day to all! I'm having numerous issues with a  Boost Mobile Motorola g6 play. I beleive Motorola  issuing software update(s) to the Boost Mobile Motorola g6 play will fix these issues.  The issues that I I'm  having are LTE connectivity, I am in a great LTE signal area, the issue is with LTE speeds are terrible. Another issue is LTE signal of the phone, the phones does not bring in the LTE signal compared to other motorola smartphones like the motorola e4 plus, the motorola e4 plus does not have any of these issues. I have  troubleshooted the Motorola g6 play  phone to no end I did A totall factory reset the phone mulile times  them I wiped cache of the phone.also I went into the phone's recovery to wipe cache issues and issues  not resolved. Another issue is the phone is lagging but it's not a performance issue , the screen does not recognize our fingers, the screen does a bounce effect and the phone screens should not be doing this: the bounce effect is when I pull down the notficaion shade,the  notficaion shade automatically bounces back up to exit the notficaion shade and i did not initiate manually for the  notficaion shade to be exit. Another issue we are having is that the phones screens bugs in and out like for example when we type the a part of the phone screens just flash black and then the phones don't do it for awhile then it does it again.  

Is their other users using the Motorola G6 Play having these issues?:  because I have heard other users using the Motorola G6 Play are for sure  having these issues?

All Input And Help is appreciated
Thank you

 

 

Reply
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5996
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2018-08-07, 17:40 PM

Hi gaushause,

 

Thank you for writing to us, could you share us a video showing what you see in regards to "the screen does a bounce effect" we would like to take a look.

 

  • Is your Moto E4 plus is on 'Boost mobile network' too?
  • We have your IMEI. Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

    If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

 

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

1 Posts

10-13-2018

US

4 Signins

47 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎10-13-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 47
  • Message 3 of 9

Re: Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2018-10-13, 17:25 PM

I am having ALL of the Same Problems with my Moto 6g Play!

 

I'm especially irked by the devices inability to pickup - - and/or HOLD - - even STRONG Signals - - LTE, 4G (VERIZON SF Bay); as well as the strongest WiFi signals...

 

Shame on me for not performing a full analysis prior to purchasing my first Motorola product; had I done so, I would have discovered there are numerous Moto 6G models with vast performance differences - - AND, of course opted to spend an additional $50 for the Functional 6G model (versus the Play model).

 

Anyone Else Having These Issues? 

Reply
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5996
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 4 of 9

Re: Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2018-10-25, 9:22 AM

 wrote:

I am having ALL of the Same Problems with my Moto 6g Play!

 

I'm especially irked by the devices inability to pickup - - and/or HOLD - - even STRONG Signals - - LTE, 4G (VERIZON SF Bay); as well as the strongest WiFi signals...

 

Shame on me for not performing a full analysis prior to purchasing my first Motorola product; had I done so, I would have discovered there are numerous Moto 6G models with vast performance differences - - AND, of course opted to spend an additional $50 for the Functional 6G model (versus the Play model).

 

Anyone Else Having These Issues? 


Hi there,

 

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing and delay in response. We would like to help. Just to narrow down— when you say network issue—could you help us understand if this is affecting your device call quality? Do you see network drops? Does this happen at all the location you have visited/tested? May I know from when are you facing network issue? Have you already got in touch with your network provider about this? If yes, what did they say? Have you tested with other SIM cards to see if that makes any difference?

 

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943


Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

 

 

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

2 Posts

09-15-2019

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎09-15-2019
  • Location: US
  • Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 9

Re: Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2019-09-19, 12:44 PM

I'm having the same issues as any other Moto G6 owner is having. I've read through several posts with complaints and problems but I am yet to see where any of these have been solved. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is supposed to be Motorola support but all y'all do is want videos or ask question after question after question and the issue is never solved. Thought y'all where the experts on these phones?? Why does suck an in-depth explanation have to be given if so many customers are having the same problems??? It's not the Carrier we use it's the device itself. I can put my SIM in a different brand phone and it works fine. Why can't Motorola just fix the issues instead of avoiding it??

Reply
Options

1 Posts

08-14-2020

AF

1 Signins

20 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎08-14-2020
  • Location: AF
  • Views: 20
  • Message 6 of 9

Re:Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2020-08-14, 2:54 AM

You're not the only one with issues with the Motorola g6 play. I have the worst internet connection ever. I can go outside and still nothing. At&t says it's not them and I actually believe them due to the fact my husband has a Samsung rugby and will be sitting right next to me watching videos or reading the news online but nothing on my Motorola g6 play. I absolutely hate this phone. I should have known better than to think I could get a decent phone under $300.00.  Won't happen again. 

Reply
Options

2820 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

377 Signins

26265 Page Views

  • Posts: 2820
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 26265
  • Message 7 of 9

Re:Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2020-08-14, 8:06 AM

@ kkb008958 wrote:
 

 

You're not the only one with issues with the Motorola g6 play. I have the worst internet connection ever. I can go outside and still nothing. At&t says it's not them and I actually believe them due to the fact my husband has a Samsung rugby and will be sitting right next to me watching videos or reading the news online but nothing on my Motorola g6 play. I absolutely hate this phone. I should have known better than to think I could get a decent phone under $300.00.  Won't happen again. 

 

 

Hi,

 

Sorry to know about your concern. I will try my best to assist you with this. Please check with a different SIM card or another network and see if the issue persists.

 

Also, reset your Network settings-- Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset option > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. Let us know how it goes.

 

Let me know if it goes.

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Options

1 Posts

06-20-2020

US

4 Signins

65 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎06-20-2020
  • Location: US
  • Views: 65
  • Message 8 of 9

Re:Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2020-09-08, 11:21 AM

I have the same problem with LTE dropping all the time with my Moto G6 Play, XT1922-9. I live in a rural area using a Verizon MVNO. I have never had a problem with LTE on any other phone that I've owned and many of them were very cheap android phones. My G6 Play will drop LTE losing all mobile data, after a few minutes the 3G icon will come on and I'll have data again, then eventually LTE will come back. Soon the whole cycle starts over again.

 

I've had this problem regardless of location, It happens in town where there is very strong signal as well as in the rural area where I live. I'm not sure if this could have happened with the update to 9 or if it was also happening on 8 before the update because I bought the phone new in the box in May of 2020 so it updated to 9 pretty quickly after I started using it.

 

I've only owned this phone for a few months and really like it a lot but with this problem I'm considering giving up on it. I've tried sims from several different Verizon MVNO's and still the same.

I've done factory resets, network resets, disabling various apps, and most everything I've read to do or could think of to try but still have the same issue. At times it will be okay for awhile and I think it is getting better but then it continues to happen.

 

I really like this phone a lot and would like to keep it. If anyone has any ideas I'm willing to try it.

 

Reply
Options

2820 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

377 Signins

26265 Page Views

  • Posts: 2820
  • Registered: ‎04-04-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 26265
  • Message 9 of 9

Re:Numerous Issues With Motorola G6 Play

2020-09-10, 8:36 AM

@ jmw111w wrote:
 

 

I have the same problem with LTE dropping all the time with my Moto G6 Play, XT1922-9. I live in a rural area using a Verizon MVNO. I have never had a problem with LTE on any other phone that I've owned and many of them were very cheap android phones. My G6 Play will drop LTE losing all mobile data, after a few minutes the 3G icon will come on and I'll have data again, then eventually LTE will come back. Soon the whole cycle starts over again.

 

I've had this problem regardless of location, It happens in town where there is very strong signal as well as in the rural area where I live. I'm not sure if this could have happened with the update to 9 or if it was also happening on 8 before the update because I bought the phone new in the box in May of 2020 so it updated to 9 pretty quickly after I started using it.

 

I've only owned this phone for a few months and really like it a lot but with this problem I'm considering giving up on it. I've tried sims from several different Verizon MVNO's and still the same.

I've done factory resets, network resets, disabling various apps, and most everything I've read to do or could think of to try but still have the same issue. At times it will be okay for awhile and I think it is getting better but then it continues to happen.

 

I really like this phone a lot and would like to keep it. If anyone has any ideas I'm willing to try it.

 

 

Hi,

 

Sorry to know the inconvenience caused and thanks for letting us know. We would like to look into this, however, in order to assist you further, we need some details from you.

 

Kindly share your exact location and the postal zip code.

 

Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier, and the IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

 

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

I will be waiting for your response.

 

Regards,

Suman



Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete