Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
moto163
What's DOS?
Views: 121
Message 1 of 2

OTA Update Error - Moto G6

I got a notification for the September Security update when I went and checked for an software update. Every time the phone reboots to install the update it says "updating firmware" then it fails and just says "error" with an picture of an Android on it's back. My battery is charged to 65 percent, the phone is not rooted, and I cannot figure out why this error is not going away. Any help is appreciated.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 68
Message 2 of 2

Re: OTA Update Error - Moto G6

@moto163 wrote:

I got a notification for the September Security update when I went and checked for an software update. Every time the phone reboots to install the update it says "updating firmware" then it fails and just says "error" with an picture of an Android on it's back. My battery is charged to 65 percent, the phone is not rooted, and I cannot figure out why this error is not going away. Any help is appreciated.

Dear moto163,

Thank you for posting here, let me try to help you here. Please test your device in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Also, let us know if you are updating your device via mobile network or wifi? Do you have enough space on your device?

Kindly update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the disconnect? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors