Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thomasj12345
Not applicable
Views: 207
Message 1 of 5

Private Number

Hi.  Just recently my G6 plus running Android 9 has started displaying a dialog box, full screen within the phone dialler.  When dialling a number a pop-up says searching, if I end the call the screen displays the "private number" instead of going back to the dialler.  On closing the screen the dialler is there.  Any idea what's going on?

Agent_Rich
Not applicable
Views: 183
Message 2 of 5

Re: Private Number

Hi thomasj12345,

Thanks for the post. Can you share a screenshot of the dialog box you're seeing? Also, does it only display in the Phone app? Have you tried dialing the ones saved on your Contacts? Do they also display as private number? I don't think this behavior is normal for the stock app unless some third-party app is causing this. Try booting your phone in safe mode and see if you'll encounter it.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

thomasj12345
Not applicable
Views: 175
Message 3 of 5

I think it may be something to do with Mood, my text app.  Can't see anything obvious in it,.

thomasj12345
Not applicable
Views: 168
Message 4 of 5

Yes it was the messaging app I was using called Mood Messenger. I uninstalled it and problem gone. Thanks for your quick reply.
Agent_Rich
Not applicable
Views: 139
Message 5 of 5

Hi thomasj12345,

That's great to know. Glad you're able to sort it out. Just let me know if you need further help. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors