Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbmckim
Paper Tape
Views: 850
Message 1 of 3

Problem setting Home Screen wallpaper

I'm trying to set my Home Screen to be the same as my Lock Screen.  When I follow the directions, it seems like the software skips a step that occurs in the directions and I'm unable to change my home screen.  For example, from the Verizon page on the subject:

1. From a Home screen, touch and hold a blank area.
  2. Tap Wallpapers Wallpapers icon.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • To use an existing wallpaper image:
      1. Select the wallpaper image from the bottom of the screen.
        NoteSwipe bottom of screen left or right to display more wallpapers.
      2. Tap Set wallpaper (upper-left).
      3. To use an image from your gallery:
        1. Tap Select Image (at the bottom).
          NoteIf necessary, swipe bottom of screen to the right.
        2. Locate then select the preferred picture.
        3. Tap Apply (at the bottom).

In 1.1, swiping at the bottom of the screen does nothing.  1.2: Set wallpaper never appears.

In 2.1, Select Image is not displayed.  Swiping does nothing and Apply never appears.

I tried updating the wallpapers app from the Play Store and its still exactly the same.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 775
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem setting Home Screen wallpaper

@jbmckim wrote:

I'm trying to set my Home Screen to be the same as my Lock Screen.  When I follow the directions, it seems like the software skips a step that occurs in the directions and I'm unable to change my home screen.  For example, from the Verizon page on the subject:

1. From a Home screen, touch and hold a blank area.
  2. Tap Wallpapers Wallpapers icon.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • To use an existing wallpaper image:
      1. Select the wallpaper image from the bottom of the screen.
        NoteSwipe bottom of screen left or right to display more wallpapers.
      2. Tap Set wallpaper (upper-left).
      3. To use an image from your gallery:
        1. Tap Select Image (at the bottom).
          NoteIf necessary, swipe bottom of screen to the right.
        2. Locate then select the preferred picture.
        3. Tap Apply (at the bottom).

In 1.1, swiping at the bottom of the screen does nothing.  1.2: Set wallpaper never appears.

In 2.1, Select Image is not displayed.  Swiping does nothing and Apply never appears.

I tried updating the wallpapers app from the Play Store and its still exactly the same.

Thanks.

Hi jbmckim,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to check this FAQ link & let us know. If you are still unable to set the same then please share us the video so that we could look into it.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

jbmckim
Paper Tape
Views: 733
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem setting Home Screen wallpaper

No.  The FAQ is the same flavor of wrong as the Verizon page I displayed, but with less detail. 

Put another way, when I go to Wallpaper, either through the main screen or through Settings/Display/Wallpaper, I am taken to a screen that has "Wallpapers" at the top.  Two images are displayed at the top:  Home Screen/Daily Wallpaper  and Lock Screen.  Below the two images displayed is a break that contains the title "Select Wallpaper."  Now, I'm going to caps this not because I'm angry but because I don't want the concept to be lost:  NO UPDATE OF THE THIS FORM IS ACCEPTED.  I have tried to select Select Wallpaper as well as every image on the list.  Select Wallpaper has NO response.  Selecting (touching ) the other images (all of them) transfers to a display of that image.  At that point as above NO UPDATE OF THE THIS FORM IS ACCEPTED.  Hopefully, this is clear.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors